2018 Street Glide CVO stereo/security underlying problems

markste

May 5, 2020
I have found a problem in the software on a 2018 Street Glide CVO. This only seems to affect 6 speaker bikes. Not sure about the CVO Limited. The problem is that if you stand the bike up and move it maybe 20 feet then start it up it defaults to the rear speakers. It has to be a cold start and you can't turn on anything until after you move it them immediately start it up and let the radio cycle thru. Then check your fade screen and you will see it. You can also hear the speakers in the fairing cut out. Had it at 2 dealerships for a total of 9 weeks trying to figure it out. Replaced the radio, checked the wiring, amps and the speakers. They even brought Dan Warming in from corporate and he tried to fix it. Nothing worked. He finally came up with that maybe security and moving it effected the stereo. I have blown the back two speakers because of this problem. He didn't have a fix for it. I went to a dealership and tried it out on a used 2018 Street Glide CVO and it did the same thing. Not sure if this problem is also on the 2019 since it has a GTS radio. So it appears that ALL 2018 Street Glide CVO's have this problem in them and there is not fix. May not be a problem for some riders but for us that has to move the bike down the driveway before starting it we will have this problem. You can trick it by turning on the ignition first but who want to have to trick a 40k bike. If you know someone with a 2019 please try it and see what it does. Once again it only affects a 6 speaker bike. Harley has no fix for this problem. This is the first they have heard about it or they are not admitting they knew of it.

Wow! That is a problem for sure!!! Although I can't help as my bike is not in the 2019 or CVO league, have you considered an aftermarket sound system since the HD stuff is "lukewarm" anyway? Soundz has an incredible 2-4-6 speaker setup. Spazz here on SGF is a dealer/installer for them.

If you are talking about Soundz out of Florida they also suggest upgrading to the GTS. They have never heard of this problem. But not sure if the GTS is the fix. Don't have a bike to test that on. Talked to the Harley district rep again last night and he keeps suggesting just turn on the ignition before moving the bike. Told him that I shouldn't have to do that. You should be able to move it without problems. He has passed on my findings to the Harley engineers.

markste- I HAVE upgraded the Boombox on my 2018 to the GTS. I don't believe that will solve your problem. I can't tell any difference in the sound quality between the two models. I only did it for the Carplay feature. Sadly-Harley isn't very good at all when it comes to OEM sound systems! :(

Wow come on here looking for some info about this! Thanks, I have blown 2 rear speakers also. I turn mine on most of the time. I kinda thought I was cranking up the sound when I was getting off my bike. This is crazy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165