2019 SG signal light led upgrade

sumncguy

Jul 31, 2019
This install literally took 5 minutes. It took me longer to open the packaging than it did to install the leds.
Pics backwards .. so look right to left. Tried to use ascend but it didnt work.

Anyway, I'm sure these will make a difference both day and night. A decent economical alternative to Highway Lights. Waiting on the JW 8700 evo 2 led head light that should be here in a few days and finish things off nicely up front.

I will use something else for brake lights. I want solid led not the halo back there.

aft.jpgb4.jpgaftsig.jpgciro.jpg

Gotta love that "Blue Max" custom paint!20190802_184858.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Yep .. I see you did the Harley lights. I was going to until I found out that it would cost me about 800 bucks in parts alone. Just can see the justification when there are other alternatives that are cheaper.

Contemplating a stage 3 .. sumping worried though .. although Im hearing that its not happen that much any more.

PS. And I dont see many Blue Max SGs in the wind.

Those OEM Highway Lights throw a ton of light down the road! If I turn them off I almost think that the headlight went off too.
I didn't put the LED headlight and Highway lights in because of the cost but I am looking at some aftermarket ones.
I do have the amber LED turn signals front and rear, rear LED tail light, and LED bag lights.

(Sorry pic posted sideways)

20190730_210618.jpg

Last edited:
Those OEM Highway Lights throw a ton of light down the road! If I turn them off I almost think that the headlight went off too.
I didn't put the LED headlight and Highway lights in because of the cost but I am looking at some aftermarket ones.
I do have the amber LED turn signals front and rear, rear LED tail light, and LED bag lights.

(Sorry pic posted sideways)

View attachment 15321

I think Im going to go with the Custom Dynamics rear signals and tribar .. they are very close to where I live.

I'm in Canada and the rear lights are different on the US bikes.

US bikes use the tri bar as a brake light. No reflectors. (Picture 1)

Canadian bikes have a brake light and reflectors on the hard bags (Picture 2)

I put the LED brake light on, the LED hard bag lights and had the tri bar connected.
Believe it or not, the Canadian bikes have the tri-bar light disconnected, all you need is the wiring harness to hook it up. (Pic 3)Screenshot_20190805-212644_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20190805-212528_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20190805-212538_Photos.jpg

Canadian FLHX with LED conversion on rear

Amber turn signals converted to red LED as well

553d4b2af241224ece9e5359781aaeea.jpg

Just ordered the Custom Dynamics rear solid red lights and tribar run / brake. They are about an hour away from my house .. so Ill go get them this afternoon and install tonight. Will post up..

I might add the Ciro3d lights that run along the rear/top of the bags. I like those because they are slim.

I do like the Ciro slim bag lights.

I had the dealer install the HD ones before I picked my bike up. That way they're covered under my warranty, and extended warranty.

Just ordered the Custom Dynamics rear solid red lights and tribar run / brake. They are about an hour away from my house .. so Ill go get them this afternoon and install tonight. Will post up..

I might add the Ciro3d lights that run along the rear/top of the bags. I like those because they are slim.

did the bag lights from Ciro. Red run/brake & Amber sequential for turn.

IMG_5964.jpeg
I

did the bag lights from Ciro. Red run/brake & Amber sequential for turn.

View attachment 15328
I

I like the slim lights along the back side of the bags. Might eventually do that ... but just order the stuff for my cam installation.

Not going stage 2. I want to keep the stock pushrods because Ive heard alot of complaints about the adjustable pushrods making ticking noises. That would drive me freekin nuts so .. Ill pay a little extra to keep the stock lifters.

But eventually Ill probably add those bag lights.

sumncguy:
Not going stage 2. I want to keep the stock pushrods because Ive heard alot of complaints about the adjustable pushrods making ticking noises. That would drive me freekin nuts so .. Ill pay a little extra to keep the stock lifters.

I can vouch that the Stage ll kit on my 2017 made the lifters clack at start up. It was annoying and dealer put in new lifters. These didn't help the noise or my wallet. I can't recommend a Stage ll upgrade to anyone.

sumncguy:

I can vouch that the Stage ll kit on my 2017 made the lifters clack at start up. It was annoying and dealer put in new lifters. These didn't help the noise or my wallet. I can't recommend a Stage ll upgrade to anyone.

Yep. Gonna stay with the stock push rods. .. But I am going to add the S&S M8 Billet Tappet Cuffs. Get that plastic **** out of the engine. ... about another $60 bucks. So Im doing the 447 cam, spacers and gaskets ofcourse, the high performance cam bearing, the cast aluminum Tappet Cuffs. I went to the only HD dealership that has 2 master techs. Told the supervisor that I was going to that particular dealership because of their Master techs. "I want a Master tech doing this work, this is why Im coming here for the work. Im not in a rush. You tell me when one of the two are available and Ill bring the bike and parts in."

So It goes in Weds the 14.

Tri Bar Running Light Harness

Tri Bar Running Light Harness

Do you have a part number or further information for the tri bar install you spoke about? Thanks on advance. From the west coast of Canada

Believe it or not, the Canadian bikes have the tri-bar light disconnected, all you need is the wiring harness to hook it up.

10-64, Do you have the part number for the wiring harness by any chance? I have a new 2019 SGS Canadian, I would like to get the tri-bar lights to work if a wiring harness is all that’s needed.

Thanks

2019 FLHXS Wicked Red Denim

10-64, Do you have the part number for the wiring harness by any chance? I have a new 2019 SGS Canadian, I would like to get the tri-bar lights to work if a wiring harness is all that’s needed.

Thanks

2019 FLHXS Wicked Red Denim
Not sure. When I purchased my FLHX the dealership asked if I wanted it hooked up.
I can't say for certain what they did, or what it cost me. It was all absorbed into the cost of the bike.

I just installed the Canadian version custom dynamics tri bar on my street glide below is the information
PB-TRI-5
ProBEAM® Canadian (CNA) Dual Intensity LED TriBAR for 2010-2020 Harley-Davidson®
DUAL INTENSITY RUN & BRAKE CANADIAN MODEL TRIBAR

Plug and Play on 2010-2020 Canadian Harley-Davidson® (CNA Model) Street Glide® (FLHX), Street Glide® Special (FLHXS), Road Glide® (FLTRX), Road Glide® Special (FLTRXS), Road King® Special (FLHRS). Does Not Fit CVO™ or Road Glide Ultra Models.

Compatible with Canadian (CNA) Harley-Davidson® models only!

Does Not fit US or International (HDI) models

Replacement for OEM Part 69377-10

I just installed the Canadian version custom dynamics tri bar on my street glide below is the information
PB-TRI-5
ProBEAM[emoji2400] Canadian (CNA) Dual Intensity LED TriBAR for 2010-2020 Harley-Davidson[emoji2400]
DUAL INTENSITY RUN & BRAKE CANADIAN MODEL TRIBAR

Plug and Play on 2010-2020 Canadian Harley-Davidson[emoji2400] (CNA Model) Street Glide[emoji2400] (FLHX), Street Glide[emoji2400] Special (FLHXS), Road Glide[emoji2400] (FLTRX), Road Glide[emoji2400] Special (FLTRXS), Road King[emoji2400] Special (FLHRS). Does Not Fit CVO[emoji769] or Road Glide Ultra Models.

Compatible with Canadian (CNA) Harley-Davidson[emoji2400] models only!

Does Not fit US or International (HDI) models

Replacement for OEM Part 69377-10
Nice!
Pics?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165