Accessory Plug?

09 Softail C

Jan 8, 2017
Where is the 8 pin accessory plug located on a 2017 Street Glide? According to my Love Jugs instructions it is under the seat but I'll be darned if I see it?

Where is the 8 pin accessory plug located on a 2017 Street Glide? According to my Love Jugs instructions it is under the seat but I'll be darned if I see it?

"Touring bikes with an accessory switch on the dash.

Remove the seat and find the accessory plug included with your bike. It will be located tucked down a couple of inches at the front of the battery. Remove the rubber plug."

I'd guess they forgot to mention that you need to install the "accessory" switch (actually the Auxiliary Switch) in the dash first. Once you do, you'll have that connector under the seat.

It appears this has changed on the 17 and 18 models. The accessory plug is not under the seat it is behind left side cover. It is not an 8 pin connector either. The accessory connector under the side cover does not have power, It requires Electrical Connection Update Kit 69201599A this kit (for 17 and 18 models) is actually a cable that needs to be connected to the battery. What I am not sure of at this point is if this will power accessories directly or if I have to add Auxiliary Power Switch Kit 71400129 and it looks like the switch kit comes with the previously mentioned cable. The worst part is neither the dealer or the MoCo can give me a straight answer. I will say the 2 guys I spoke with at the MoCo were doing everything possible to give me correct information. I will get to the bottom of this.

What I am not sure of at this point is if this will power accessories directly or if I have to add Auxiliary Power Switch Kit 71400129 and it looks like the switch kit comes with the previously mentioned cable.

No, they're different cables. The one that comes with the Aux Switch kit (#71400129)includes a relay to control higher amperage items through the switches, which are normally limited to 2A, while the #69201599A cable doesn't.

The worst part is neither the dealer or the MoCo can give me a straight answer. I will say the 2 guys I spoke with at the MoCo were doing everything possible to give me correct information. I will get to the bottom of this.

OK, here's the straight skinny -

#69201599A - has 2 ends:
1 - A 2-wire harness with a Deutsch connector with 2-pins, ACC-on 12v & Ground
2 - A 3-wire harness where violet/blue=ACC-on 12v, red/blue=always on 12v, black=ground
Note: H-D sells a splitter to allow multiple accessories, but the harness fuse is 10A.

#71400129 - has 2 ends:
AUX1 - A 2-wire harness with a Deutsch connector with 2-pins, controlled by the middle switch (AUX1) in the fairing, that uses a supplied (in the harness)relay to control 12v at up to 10A.
AUX2 - A 3-wire harness where violet/blue=12v controlled by the right switch (AUX2) in the fairing and limited to 2A, red/blue=always on 12v (10A max), black=ground.
Note: As with the other harness, you're limited to the harness fuse of 10A total.

So for the Cliff notes - if you already have a way to turn the Love Jugs off & on, and just need an ACC-On power connection, the #692... harness should work for you. If you don't have a switch and want to turn them on from your fairing, then the #714... would give you that capability, of course at a higher price.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tulsa