Battery reviews

Yuasa or OEM stock battery from the dealer. There are exceptions but usually in my neck of the woods folks have been getting about 4 years out of the OEM if kept on a tender while not riding.

I was recently looking and the OEM is decently priced compared to Deka and Yuasa , seems prices have went up on batteries in the last year or so , go figure.

I was recently looking and the OEM is decently priced compared to Deka and Yuasa , seems prices have went up on batteries in the last year or so , go figure.

I have noticed battery prices have gone up across the board. Car, bike, boat, mower, etc. are all higher.
Yes the OEM HD battery is not outrageously priced and from my experience performs well. Are Yuasa and others better batteries? Maybe. Just depends on a persons budget I guess.

I found the same thing as I just purchased a battery for my car a couple months ago.

The Yuasa GYZ32HL has more cold cranking amps than any other I've come across , making 500CCA's with most of the rest are 400CCA's or less. Yuasa uses lead-calcium technology that holds more power.

Just making it into the motorcycle market are lithium ion batteries , smaller powerful but unsure of their durability plus I've seen too many lithium battery fires to trust one in my bike.

Batteries Plus sells Duracell's that have a 2 yr full replacement warranty , NAPA has the Deka's with a 1 yr warranty but I believe when it's time I'll go with the Yuasa GYZ32HL. They have been around as long as I can remember , all the good batteries are in the $140 + range that I've shopped .

Best price I found for the Yuasa GYZ32HL , full retail is $237 so this is a bargain . . .

https://www.amazon.com/YUASA-High-P...pID=51fhf42FPcL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165