Best slip-on exhaust

Clayglide

Feb 17, 2017
Looking for better exhaust note than stock pipes without breaking the bank and still hear the radio! Any advice?

I have Vance & Hines Twin Slash rounds. They have a great sound without being louder than the radio. I have upgraded the radio to so....

My Cobra 909s are the best $320 I ever spent.
Louder than stock, mellow at idle, but more rumble when on the throttle.
I can hear the radio fine which is good cause I didn't want to upgrade the speakers or amp...

My Cobra 909s are the best $320 I ever spent.
Louder than stock, mellow at idle, but more rumble when on the throttle.
I can hear the radio fine which is good cause I didn't want to upgrade the speakers or amp...

DITTO and they sound even better with a cam change! :cool:

I think just about any slip-ons are going to sound better than stock and I don't think any of them are going to be louder than your radio until you replace the headers too. I have 4" LA Choppers that have a nice deep sound and are much louder than stock but can still hear the radio at any speed. I can say they are much louder than my Dad's RC Components 4" slip-ons.

Thanks Hurricane, I need to hear as many as possible before I purchase a set....don't want to install but once, LOL!!

Thanks Hurricane, I need to hear as many as possible before I purchase a set....don't want to install but once, LOL!!
I've heard that the CFR's are the loudest slip-ons out there but I have never heard them in person, that I know of anyway. My LA Choppers sound great at idle and really bark when you get on it without being to obnoxious.

I put Cobra Neighbor Haters on mine and I hated the sound. So I went down to Oreilly’s and bought two thrush mufflers and cut the baffles out, wrapped them with steel wool, then installed those inside the neighbor haters . They are better to me now.

I had CFRs on my 13 SG. Loved them!!!! Got a 14 SGS and saw something a little different and thought I’d try them. Wish I would have gone back with the CFRs. Now I’m just trying figure out how to afford them!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Check out RCX. I went with them since I like the look of the 5" end cap on a 4" muffler. I put the mufflers on right after I bought the bike and then put headers on several months later. Big difference in how the bike feels and sounds. Nice, deep and throaty tone and the acceleration is way better. I also went with an HD street tuner to adjust the map and get rid of the decel popping that comes with the free flowing exhaust.

https://www.shoprccomponents.com/

I got cobra power Flo 4.5" pulled out there wrap and rewrapped a single wrap and they sound GOOD.with factory head pipe.

I had a set of Reinhardts on my 2011 and really liked them. Would like to get a set for this 2017.

I have a set of 2017+ touring RCX 4.5's for sale, sound great, nice deep tone and no issues with hearing radio at 70 mph, PM me if interested.

I'm considering changing out headers as well. Anyone have experience with V&H Big Radius 2 into 2?46073_3.jpg

I had the 4" Rinehart's and really liked them but got an itch to try something else so went with the Vance and Hines 450 OS, didn't think too much of them until I removed the packing from around the baffles and it really sounds nice now. However I heard some SVT Boneshakers a few days ago and man they sounded good. They were on a stock 2018 Street Glide and I was amazed on how they sounded.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider3223