Beware some dealers are price gauging!

BillyBob

Administrator
Jan 16, 2012
www.streetglide.com
Was recently at a dealership in Slidell, LA
And they are asking 5-6,000 over MSRP on all new bikes. Even the used bikes are outrageous. Be careful out there!
Their new Streetglide Special was going or $36,000!

da69de57404d2727347ecfe44229c8ae.jpg

ce96b8e809e0d4166692e1bc9d0052ed.jpg

The used bikes cost more than their original new prices!

Be careful out there!

Yeah, I think it’s the market right now. Shortage of bikes with high demands. It’s riding season and dealerships are taking advantage of the current market. I may have contributed to that, I gave them a little over $30K for a 2021 FLHXS in May. I went across state lines for a particular color, (Gauntlet Gray/Black). Found it in Maryland, had conversations with them and drove there only to be told that they just sold it……(I was just on the phone with them 90 minutes ago!) Anyhow, the next time I found that color at a different dealership I had them hold it for me and I paid all the BS fees, etc., no haggling. I was happy I got what I wanted. Not near $36K but I probably would have. If anyone has a used bike, you can get top dollar for it right now.

I know this thread is several months old, but I'd like to comment that I've commonly seen used Street Glides going for more than new ones in my area. Go figure? Most of the used ones had less than 5000 miles but after negotiations, it was obvious that I was better off to purchase brand new because there was so little difference in price in say a 2019 and a 2021. Good for us SG owners as it keeps the value of what we own so high. That was a major factor in my deciding to buy another Harley as opposed to a new Indian....that and Indian's lack of a dealer body in most areas. Now if we can just get the accessory supply line from HD filled up again.....sigh!

I know this thread is several months old, but I'd like to comment that I've commonly seen used Street Glides going for more than new ones in my area. Go figure? Most of the used ones had less than 5000 miles but after negotiations, it was obvious that I was better off to purchase brand new because there was so little difference in price in say a 2019 and a 2021. Good for us SG owners as it keeps the value of what we own so high. That was a major factor in my deciding to buy another Harley as opposed to a new Indian....that and Indian's lack of a dealer body in most areas. Now if we can just get the accessory supply line from HD filled up again.....sigh!

Yes, been waiting for some parts for several
Months now!

Maybe this will convince manufacturers to return manufacturing to the good Ole USA!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165