Cable Clutch Adjustment

Reg

Aug 2, 2021
My clutch cable is really tight. I want to loosen it up. I noticed the clutch cable goes int the fairing and don’t know where it comes out of the fairing. The dealership wants to charge me $55-$100 for the. Anyone adjust their 2021 Street Glide clutch yet? THA

My clutch cable is really tight. I want to loosen it up. I noticed the clutch cable goes int the fairing and don’t know where it comes out of the fairing. The dealership wants to charge me $55-$100 for the. Anyone adjust their 2021 Street Glide clutch yet? THA

Just got back from Minnesota. Very smoky!
Prices at Eden prairie were high. They wanted 36,000 for a new Streetglide special!

Discount on my Street Glide Special

Discount on my Street Glide Special

Just got back from Minnesota. Very smoky!
Prices at Eden prairie were high. They wanted 36,000 for a new Streetglide special!
. Wow the Harley Davidson dealership gave me a Veterans discount on my Street Glide Special

Clutch Cable Adjustment

Clutch Cable Adjustment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZILUb8CWQ4k (Doc Harley) Our adjustment is the same, except the clutch cable on a 2021 SG runs down the RIGHT side front downtube!

Mine was tight when I got it. My dealer adjusted it on my 1K service and what a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will see the clutch cable coming down the right hand frame tube it is secured to frame with two clips. Remove upper clip or both upper and lower clips, lift up clutch adjustment cover pull out red clip but do not remove it. If you want slack in adjustment just rotate yellow holder counter click wise slightly. Push red clip back in lower clutch adjustment cover back over adjuster re attach clutch cable clips that secure cable to frame and check clutch lever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165