Fat front tire.

El Chapo

Aug 10, 2015
So I am thinking about doing a fat front tire upgrade, I just think it looks badazz. My question is what would I have to change and how do those of you that have them like the way they handle ? If you have pics, please share them. I apologize if there is a thread already on this, I just can't find it.

It will handle better and be more comfortable. Just put on take-off parts from an Electraglide. See eBay.

If you have anti-lock brakes you need parts from a bike that has them.

Your dealer can help.

I believe you are referring to putting a rear tire on the front and not a 17" electraglide stock front, correct? I believe Yaffe came out with first and now sells a kit.

There are several companies selling kits to put the fat tires on now. I hear they ride and handle better but have not ridden one myself.

Any updates to this El Chapo? I'm thinking of this too. My next service due is the 50k and the service manual calls for a fork rebuild. I have always wanted chromed lowers and am thinking this may be the time (excuse) for me to go with the fatty front.

The two kits I am debating are the Bad Dad and the Native Baggers. I Like those because they are both bolt on. It also seems to me that if I go this route all that I will really need is a new set of springs (looking to upgrade and now seems to be the time) and fork oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eduzueta