Gads wind deflectors

azglocker

Dec 14, 2015
I've always felt like Ive had quite a bit of helmet buffeting at Highway speeds even with tall, recurve windshields. A lot of people say the fork mounted deflectors (aka fork fangs) help significantly but they don't fit directly with passing lamps.

This weekend I stumbled on another option. They are called gads deflectors and they are specifically made to fit around the passing lamps. I got them yesterday and put them on. Today was their first test, coming home I only got to go 75 and only shortly (damn traffic) but during that brief few miles, I noticed my half helmet was completely still! Still a little wind in the ears but putting my hand pretty much anywhere in front of me, above my legs or whatever, there was almost no air movement! Mind you this was with the fairing vents closed as well (no interference between the two).

Tomorrow I'll wear my 3/4 to try it. Usually at Highway speeds with my visor up my head gets bobble quite a bit. Hoping to also take it out and test them this weekend but so far so good.

Initial cons: my right side deflector appears to be bent too far back. At full lock right it hits the tank. I'm not worried about it because I never go full right lock. The hardware supplied is nothing special, just stainless bolts not chromed. Also, the color choices are deceiving. The black are a dark tinted plastic. I was truly hoping for solid black.

Will report back once I have a few more miles.
https://www.glideairdeflectorsystem.com

PS for reference here is my current wind package
LRS mega curve 10" windshield
Harley adjustable fairing vents
Kuryakyn triple tree reflector
*new testing* gads side deflectors

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kindly keep us informed, I just got my JES fangs in and will probably install them tomorrow, was 27 degrees here Thursday morning and had a 90 mile trip one way to do and will say that wind coming up was a bit nippy.

Shoot I've had these for so long now that I barely remember what it's like without them. Wearing my 3/4 open, I still get a lot of bobbling but if I close my face shield it's very calm. I don't have a blast of air coming up between my arm and tank any more. Given that I also have the adjustable vents, air can still be redirected for warm days bit lately I've been keeping them closed.

I still wish the hardware looked better (like maybe chrome button heads) but I haven't seen any rusting yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well, got them JES wind deflectors on, was only 28 degrees this morning and am glad I got them, not only do they look good, gloss black, but helped plenty with the wind coming up from the tank area.

Well, got them JES wind deflectors on, was only 28 degrees this morning and am glad I got them, not only do they look good, gloss black, but helped plenty with the wind coming up from the tank area.

Do any of you guys have any photos from the front? The photos on their website are horrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eduzueta