Going from 2019 Iron 883 to 2019 Iron 1250

NGOT8R

Feb 15, 2015
I haven't been on here too often as of late, but that's because I've been working feverishly out in the lab on my latest build. I bought a new 2019 Iron 883 in April, put 257 miles on it and then disassembled it to make it better, stronger and faster. I installed a 1250 kit for now with .560 lift cams from Hammer Perf. CNC ported heads (with bigger valves), from Hammer, an Energy One performance clutch and a complete front suspension rebuild in order to gain some adjustability. As far as exhaust goes, I have chosen the new V&H stainless upsweep 2-1. Here are some progress pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
More pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
A couple more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Looks like fun. Is that going to be your around town beater ??

Yes sir it sure is! I'm hoping it'll be a whole lot of fun. The bike was very slow and uncomfortable to ride in stock form, so I decided to rebuild the front suspension, add some trick parts and make it adjustable.

Yes sir it sure is! I'm hoping it'll be a whole lot of fun. The bike was very slow and uncomfortable to ride in stock form, so I decided to rebuild the front suspension, add some trick parts and make it adjustable.

In 2003 I built a 2002 Sportster 883 into a 1250. It had a Mikuni carb on it and made 97 hp. I used Buell heads, Nallin racing cylinders and pistons. As a stock 883 it made 45 hp.

That's what I'm talking about hulk! I am hoping to tap 100 hp with it. I need to do a little more research on injectors to see if I should increase the size. I'm just not sure if the stockers will be close to the end of their duty cycle when doubling the power level. I still have the 4.2 gps injectors (with 3100 miles on them), from my 2015 SGS and wonder if they will fit and whether I should install them to make sure I get plenty of fuel? Any thoughts? Lastly, how did you like your 1250 and did you get lots of trouble free miles out of it?

If you search around, there are some injector sizing calculators online, sorry I did not bookmark them.

Mine was a 5 speed and I put a Baker six speed in it. It was fun and very quick. It would pull the front wheel off the road in second gear with ease. I only put a few thousand miles on it. No problems with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eduzueta