Klock Werks faring windshield yea or nay??

oldschool

Sep 21, 2019
So the windscreen that comes on the bike is really worthless other than looks. I have looked at all windshield out there. The Klock Werks style looks by far the best to me. Just would like to hear other folks experience. HD is a no go and Memphis Shades just didn’t look that good on FLHXS to me. I like all the curves on the KW windshield. Just chime in with any experience. Narrowed it down to KW and freedom shields but really not thrilled in the looks of the freedom shield but understand they have excellent customer service. Thanks in advance.

I have a 6.5" on my 17 SGS, I really like the pocked it creates, I get no buffeting, looking over the shield (I'm 5'7") like the looks. Only con is there is distortion when you look thru the screen, and the white lines on the road kind of "wave" as you ride which is distracting until you get used to it.

The Clockwerks worked Just "OK" for me. I prefer the Clearview Shields out of CO., Less buffeting.

It works great for me, I tried several brands and Klock werks shield works the best. All my rider friends are happy with theirs also, I am able to hear my music flying down the freeway with my somewhat loud exhaust as I was not able to before.

I guess we are all different. I tried a Klock Werks windshield and the buffeting was horrible so I tried to test a taller one and the salesman told me it wouldn't help so I moved on. I do have their magnet phone mount and really like it. I then went with the Clearview for a couple of years. I have switched to the LRS long ride shields and they by far are the best for me. Running a 9 inch recurve and it works really good. Biggest suggestion is to test ride the windshield before purchase if possible or use the test and return some offer.

I'm looking to upgrade my windshield. Again. "Upgraded" from the stocker to the H-D smoked 7 inch wind splitter. It's better, but still not good for me. I'm 6'2" and ride with a H-D half helmet. My Wife wears a 3/4 helmet with a face shield and says she noticed a difference between the stocker and the 7"... Me, not so much. My man Paul who is the owner of Street Rider of Reno, is about my height, and rocks a Street Glide, recommended The Klock Werks windshield. He told me that he and his lady rode from Reno, through Yellowstone and back, and this is the windshield that he recommends... He says that this is the only 'shield that he's tried that has been wind tunnel tested. Just curious, of all the folks who've posted an opinion, how tall are all Y'all? Because that will definitely make a difference... That said, TomA, We should get together for lunch and a ride, Brother... I lived/ worked in Battle Mountain for a year and a half, running Barite ore from Slavin Canyon down to Baker-Hughes... I loves me some Battle Mountain.

We should get together and visit maybe next time I'm in Reno. There are a couple other members you should meet that live in Reno also. Go check out Long ride shields LRS shields in Sparks they will let you test ride the windshield before purchase. If you don't like their offerings you don't have to buy. They make the windshield right there also and have some seconds they will sell and you can't tell the difference. I'm 6-1 and I'm using their 9 inch recurve and I have their 9 inch extra wide for 2 up or cold weather riding. Slavin canyon is only about 7 miles from my house were you working for Degerstrom ??

So the windscreen that comes on the bike is really worthless other than looks. I have looked at all windshield out there. The Klock Werks style looks by far the best to me. Just would like to hear other folks experience. HD is a no go and Memphis Shades just didn’t look that good on FLHXS to me. I like all the curves on the KW windshield. Just chime in with any experience. Narrowed it down to KW and freedom shields but really not thrilled in the looks of the freedom shield but understand they have excellent customer service. Thanks in advance.

Yea...love mine!

Put a KW 8.5 on my 2019 EGS (ok its not a Street Glide) and got to say it is hands down a more comfortable ride.

Put a KW 8.5 on my 2019 EGS (ok its not a Street Glide) and got to say it is hands down a more comfortable ride.

It's a street glide just stripped down a little. If they would give you the option of the 114 they would sell a lot more I'm thinking. The electra glide started the street glide so the same and for the mod guy's it would make things more simple.

TomA - thanks for including me in the SG family and you are correct in that they are basically the same bike. As for the 114, after I purchased mine, the next visit to the dealership they had an EGS with a 114! I asked if was a special order, if that was even possible. He said it was a mod they did in house. Not sure how all that works, but yeah a 114 would be nice. Got to add though I am happy with the 107.

Hey, TomA... For sure we need to get together Brother, if it means I come your way or you come mine. My wife and I are always down for breakfast or lunch at The Owl Club. Our Daughter, Son-in-Law and Grandaughters live in Spring Creek. We'll be passing through BM on Friday, Nov. 15th and again on Sunday, Nov. 17th. If you do FB, hit me at Scott Crawford... I drove for Ruby Dome out of Elko, we were contracted to Degerstrom... Hit me back, Brother. Let's Ride.

Going to send you a PM Scotty so you can contact me directly. Will be on a ride in death valley on the dates you listed so that's how life goes I guess. Going to trailer to Beatty and ride from there. It will work out soon I'm sure. Remember dodging the semi's in the under pass under 80 when going to Elko or coming back from the east.

Last edited:
Hey, Tom... No sweat on next weekend. I'll send you a PM through Facebook with my phone number.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I went with a Klock Werks windscreen for my FLHXS. Did not cut down much on wind. Flapped around worse than stock windscreen at around 70mph. So, tried out a Freedom Shield. Wow what a difference that made. It was night and day. Freedom Screen is thicker, has polished edges and completely clear to see through, no distortion whatsoever. This windshield is simply better than anything I have seen or tried. I sold the Klock Works and never looked back.

Hey, TomA... For sure we need to get together Brother, if it means I come your way or you come mine. My wife and I are always down for breakfast or lunch at The Owl Club. Our Daughter, Son-in-Law and Grandaughters live in Spring Creek. We'll be passing through BM on Friday, Nov. 15th and again on Sunday, Nov. 17th. If you do FB, hit me at Scott Crawford... I drove for Ruby Dome out of Elko, we were contracted to Degerstrom... Hit me back, Brother. Let's Ride.

I’ve yet to see what all the hype is regarding the Klock shields. I’m 6’1” with a Saddleman seat that sits me slightly higher and further back than the stock SG seat. I currently have the 10.5” KW and the buffeting all crashes on my full face helmet in the forehead area. It can make riding just not fun to the point of me considering switching over to a road glide and I even think riding in-faired bikes is more comfortable. I’ve tried a half dozen different shields, if anyone has a suggestion I’ll give it a try. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IRist