Lifelong rider but first Harley Davidson.

JoeR171

May 20, 2021
I road big sportbikes most of my life, mostly GSXR 1100's. Turned 49 today and last week finally decided to fork up the cash for the real thing. Just took delivery of a new 2021 Street Gide FLHX base and man, I am in love. Black and chrome, all stock, but gotta have at least pipes or a slip-on, air intake, and fuel mapping. Highway pegs are a definite must. To hell with the factory warranty, not waiting 2 years to mod my own bike. As a newbie, any advice would be appreciated. My Gixxer 1100 was 550lbs but nothing close to the almost 900lbs of this bad boy. Still adjusting to the extra 300+ lbs.

IMG-1298.jpgIMG-1296.jpgIMG-1295.jpgIMG-1298.jpgIMG-1296.jpgIMG-1295.jpg

My HD is also my first, and i love it. You will too. My only advice to you would be low speed, parking lot type tight turns, my require your complete attention. Ya, these sleds are HEAVY and not real nimble in the parking lot. Enjoy dude !

Welcome and your bike looks awesome. Ride on up to Laconia for Bike Week and show her off!

Stay with H-D performance kits. Get a Stage II kit with the torque cam and the H-D smart tune pro tuning module. You will be amazed at the improvement in performance (that is what I have used). Get modified mufflers here: https://americancustom.com. I use these also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eduzueta