Making the Jump

w9awx

Oct 5, 2018
I’m jumping from a little 2018 Sportster 48 Special to a 19-20 Street Glide or SGS. Riding two up on a Sportster is brutal. Other than the 20’s having the new traction control system and hill assist, I don’t see a difference between the two model years. Assuming I get a 19, it appears the main difference between the two versions is the 107 vs 114, the hard bag size, and the rear shocks. Am I missing anything? Anything I should be checking on the bike for issues? I found a Industrial Gray SGS with about 5k for mileage that someone traded in on a Ultra Limited. Price is $23,995. They also have a 19 Street Glide with 360 miles for $20,995. Is it worth the extra money? Thanks.

I’m jumping from a little 2018 Sportster 48 Special to a 19-20 Street Glide or SGS. Riding two up on a Sportster is brutal. Other than the 20’s having the new traction control system and hill assist, I don’t see a difference between the two model years. Assuming I get a 19, it appears the main difference between the two versions is the 107 vs 114, the hard bag size, and the rear shocks. Am I missing anything? Anything I should be checking on the bike for issues? I found a Industrial Gray SGS with about 5k for mileage that someone traded in on a Ultra Limited. Price is $23,995. They also have a 19 Street Glide with 360 miles for $20,995. Is it worth the extra money? Thanks.
They want 3,000 more for the SGS?
I'd get the SG then.
I'm loving my 2019 FLHX! No complaints at all
But I do love chrome. The FLHXS is blacked out.
Chrome is always classic

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
One other difference between the SG and SGS is the premium radio option.

Can't go wrong with either, I just like to know all the details before I decide.

Test ride both of them. I can't imagine a situation where I would need traction control, it's not a sportbike.....and I don't ride in snow! I've got a '19 SG and it came w/ABS and radio upgrade already on it. Doesn't ride as nice as my old Ultra, but it's only bad on rough pavement/frost heaves. Great on smooth roads! Kind of wanted the 114 but didn't want all the blacked out stuff, after 4200 miles with the 107 I have no regrets........... Really glad I was able to upgrade to the M8 and 6 speed.
That '19 could be the better value if it has ABS and upgraded radio.

I think it comes down to if you like the black or chrome version. You can always add a radio. But the 114 is nice !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you like the blacked out look then the SGS is a no brainer. I think it is worth the extra $3K. I got a brand new left over 2019 SGS and I am glad I did. The 2020 comes without the heel toe shifter, extra FOB, and vent on the fairing doesn't close it stays open. You didn't mention if the traded in SGS with 5K miles on it had any mods. If not, get some slip-ons, a stage II if money allows and if you are going to do a lot of 2-up riding, investing in some Ohlin, Legends, etc. rear shocks would be a good add-on as well. Hope this helps. Oh and post a reply and let us know which one you went with and post a pic!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tulsa