Michelin Commander II 130/60B19 61H

rrharmon

Apr 11, 2014
Anyone running one of these on a 2014 and Street Glide? I was under the impression you could only get the Dunlop in this size and then I ran across this one in a Michelin.

I saw they started making them for the 2014 and newer street glides. I have MC II's on my 12 street glide, I love these tires, I wouldn't hesitate to by them again.

I just ordered a set for my 2014 SG. I haven't heard single bad thing about them. I have 13k+ on my oem Dunlops, so I'm hoping to get every bit out of the Michelins as well.

I put the Michelin on last June. I got 15k out of Dunlop so hoping to get more out of these. Always been pleased with Michelin so far.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I have MCII's on my street glide, I just put chrome enforcer wheels on it so had to buy a new tire for the front. I got 15000 miles on the original crappy Dunlop, and have 13000 on the MCII's and they still look like new. Just for curiosity I depth checked the the the MCII coming off and it's 1/32nd less then the new one going on and it's got 13000 miles on it! I love the way these tires handle and wear.

After much research- and Blog diving, I just put on a Michelin Commander II on the rear. Got 13,000 out of the OEM, still have probably 3,000 miles left on the front, but will replace with an MC II when needed. It's good to hear that these are truly high mileage tires. I have ridden about 2,000 miles on the new rear and those have mostly been twisty miles so I am thus far impressed with this new tread.

Just put a set of Michelin commander2's on 13 steet glide.Love them. Just rode 2 days in the rain upper wisconsin. Really handled well

I can't find that size (130/60 B 19 61H) for the front. Where did you order them?
I just ordered a set for my 2014 SG. I haven't heard single bad thing about them. I have 13k+ on my oem Dunlops, so I'm hoping to get every bit out of the Michelins as well.

I can't find that size (130/60 B 19 61H) for the front. Where did you order them?

I'm from Canada and ordered mine from canadasmotorcycle.ca . I'm sure you should be able to find them online in the U.S.

what size was the commander 2 front and rear, and how are you liking them, does $520 for both install sound expensive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running the stock size front 130/60/19 and rear 180/65/16. I love these tires. My rear now has 22000 miles on it, still looking good. I ride aggressive and no issues what so ever. I used balance beads in mine. I didn't want wheel weights on the chrome wheels. The price doesn't sound too bad installed. I'm not sure what the going rate to install tires would be in your area, as I'm from Canada. I would check the price at a few online retailers and go from there.

I have a set on mine- got them from Cycle Gear (they have the correct front and rear size). Paid $211/rear, $160/front, plus $25 each for mount, balance. Excellent tire, love em, bike feels smoother. Half dozen riding buddies have gotten them as well.

Day 2 of running them. I love em. It's a new bike. I should have gotten rid of the Duncraps last year! I have been fighting the front end and handling. Turns out both OEMs where worn flat centers.

Only thing I noticed tonight on first highway run with them over 80 is that I feel a lot more aero effect in the front end that I didn't use to but we will see.

Both dealer and revzilla could get them through their supplier no issue. Shop the price online to compare.

When your buying tires online beware of the dates on the tires. Seems the best deals are on older tires that have started to dry rot so just pay attention to when they are made.

I'm a little late to the thread, but I'm trying to get 1 question answered. The Commander IIs and the Dunlop American Elite have pretty comparable reviews, but a question nobody seems to definitively try to answer is, all things being equal, which one is the smoother and quieter riding tire on the highway?

I'm a little late to the thread, but I'm trying to get 1 question answered. The Commander IIs and the Dunlop American Elite have pretty comparable reviews, but a question nobody seems to definitively try to answer is, all things being equal, which one is the smoother and quieter riding tire on the highway?

I've got Commander IIs on my bike in 21" and 18" and I can certainly say I like them better than the Dunny's I had on it before in terms of the ride and handling. I think they wear a damn sight better than Dunlops do too. Can't say much about how quiet they are though, all I hear when I'm riding is my stereo or my pipes but they do feel smoother if you know what I mean.

I had problems with the front Commander II cupping, had the front end checked out and air pressure was away checked. Now I'm running the Dunlaps Elite and haven't had any problems. The Michelin were nice riding tire and sounding tire till the cupping started then they were noisey as crap with noticeable vibration in the hands. The Elites do just as well on ride and sound, but I do play the boom box pretty loud so there's that. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165