my evolving 2015 SGS

1BdBagr

Jun 30, 2016
I bought this at a Copart auction with 5200 miles on it, wrecked and bone stock. This is it's latest version. I just put a 2018 CVO road Glide 21" on the front. Gonna do the rear 18" CVO wheel soon. I'm also in process of putting on the rear CVO bags, fenders and taillights, I need to pinstripe/paint them with the OEM Amber Whiskey soon. I'm also redoing a seat to take the styling cues from the '18 Gunship Grey CVO bikes, black leather, black perforated leather w orange stitched diamonds and black stitching everywhere else. It'll be a two up seat vs the stock CVO two piece solo + pad seat. I may even get a new plate that sez 8NTA CVO lol. Bike completed a 5900 mile ride last summer which covered the West Coast from CA to Seattle, Seattle to Montana (did beartooth hwy), Wyoming to SD/Sturgis, Sturgis to Bonneville, Bonneville to CA Central Valley then home, w no issues. All good. I figure i saved about 10K doing all the work myself and replacing the parts/ blacking it out at the same time. I also have both Tour Paks (chopped and King).

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_8671.jpg
    IMG_8671.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 0
the wheel- lol unobtainium... the seat style and the rear end waiting on paint
Tim

Attachments

• IMG_7888 2.jpg
    IMG_7888 2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7887 2.jpg
    IMG_7887 2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8568.jpg
    IMG_8568.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8567.jpg
    IMG_8567.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
How did you get the wheel? The dealers are saying you must have a RG to order them.

How did you get the wheel? The dealers are saying you must have a RG to order them.

This is true, my local dealer tried to get me one.... the front CVO 21" wheel is restricted, the rear is not. From what my dealer gathered, the 21" / 18" CVO wheel combo was tested and approved for only the Road Glide. The whole set up is in the 2018 P&A catalog and says only for 2017 and up RG. I got mine from a guy who put a 26" on his gunship grey 18 CVO RG. He also put Top Shop rear end on it too so i also bought the rear parts from him. So i figure i'm likely one of not very many to have one of these on my bike lol. I painted it black- it was gunship grey when i got it. So i'm kinda carrying the CVO theme thru it...
Tim

This is true, my local dealer tried to get me one.... the front CVO 21" wheel is restricted, the rear is not. From what my dealer gathered, the 21" / 18" CVO wheel combo was tested and approved for only the Road Glide. The whole set up is in the 2018 P&A catalog and says only for 2017 and up RG. I got mine from a guy who put a 26" on his gunship grey 18 CVO RG. He also put Top Shop rear end on it too so i also bought the rear parts from him. So i figure i'm likely one of not very many to have one of these on my bike lol. I painted it black- it was gunship grey when i got it. So i'm kinda carrying the CVO theme thru it...
Tim

You must have bought from Puzzled from CVO forum, he built a nice bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new additions- I painted and pinstriped the CVO bags and fender, painted the tour pak latches and hinges, the rear saddlebag supports and the detachable hardware all OEM Amber Whiskey. Next up is the seat that will resemble the CVO Gunship Grey seat except in black / black perforated leather with orange diamond double stitches and black stitching everywhere else. I may add the front fairing vent in body color too. When i wear out the rear tire i'll get the 18" rear CVO Knockout wheel.....:cool:
IMG_0124.jpgIMG_0122.jpgIMG_0123.jpg

Nice but I like the color red so I could be bias ha ha ha ha ha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrnyc01