New (slightly louder) pipes for my 2019 FLHX...

Scotty C.

Sep 18, 2019
Hey, Y'all. I'm lookin' for some meatier sounding pipes for my Street Glide... Nothing too stupid as the wife and I use it for touring and we're old and half deaf anyway (we grew up in the '70's, and got to see all the cool bands), that said, I'm looking at Vance&Hines, Screamin' Eagle Street Cannons, Bassanis and Bone Shakers... Any input would be appreciated... Thanks, Scotty

I have the 4.5" Screaming Eagle Street Cannons, and love them. Not too loud but nice and throaty
ed8ed78cb82d80958c1b142fe5614e84.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

I have the Screamin' Eagle Street Cannons on my 103" as well and they are very good. Great deep sound, but not too loud for the passenger or neighbours.
Don't know which engine you have as you don't have a signature on your post, but if you have an M8 engine, check out the S&S MK45 slip-ons, they are the best sounding pipes I have heard on this engine, very deep sound but not loud.
Good luck on your search.

Thanks, 10-64... Ours is Blue Max as well! I've read that the SE Street Cannons are mellow (close to stock) at idle, bark a wee bit on acceleration and then mellow out again once you reach highway speeds. Has that been your experience? I'm also curious about your center mounted tail light. Is that something that is required by Canadian law? Our U.S. spec FLHX doesn't have one, but I like the idea... One can't be too visible, right?

Hey, Cookie. Thanks for your response. I'll have to jump on YouTube and see if I can find the MK45s. My Son-In-Law has Bassanis on his 2015 Softail Slim (103 C.I.) and I like the sound, but they might be a little too loud for our purposes. We traded in our 2014 Dyna Switchback for our 2019 FLHX on August 31st... The Dyna had a Vance & Hines Big Gun slip-on and it sounded great... We've all encountered "that guy", the guy who has to have the bike that's louder and more obnoxious than everyone else... I don't want to be that guy. By the way, how do I post a signature?

Thanks, 10-64... Ours is Blue Max as well! I've read that the SE Street Cannons are mellow (close to stock) at idle, bark a wee bit on acceleration and then mellow out again once you reach highway speeds. Has that been your experience? I'm also curious about your center mounted tail light. Is that something that is required by Canadian law? Our U.S. spec FLHX doesn't have one, but I like the idea... One can't be too visible, right?
What you've heard about the SE Street Cannons is true. Nice at idle, and sound great on acceleration.
Yes, the Canadian bikes have a different brake light setup, by law. I had mine changed to LED, and added the LED saddle bag lights because I wanted to be seen from the rear, especially when braking.
No complaints

US stock vs Canadian stock, plus mine with the LED brake light, LED bag lights, and red turn signals (first pic)
7a2ac9f4a9e3172be4756a79b9b7d7b4.jpg
9d92cf2c718ed577cb4ad6d79fb00457.jpg
45400d0edc984d94dbab3cc66d75b702.jpg

Hey, Cookie. Thanks for your response. I'll have to jump on YouTube and see if I can find the MK45s. My Son-In-Law has Bassanis on his 2015 Softail Slim (103 C.I.) and I like the sound, but they might be a little too loud for our purposes. We traded in our 2014 Dyna Switchback for our 2019 FLHX on August 31st... The Dyna had a Vance & Hines Big Gun slip-on and it sounded great... We've all encountered "that guy", the guy who has to have the bike that's louder and more obnoxious than everyone else... I don't want to be that guy. By the way, how do I post a signature?

https://streetglide.com/showthread....-fill-out-your-signatures&highlight=signature

I’m running the 2 into 1 Reinhart and really like them. Gives the bike a little extra punch, check them out on our sponsors website. Not too loud either,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey, BillyBob! Thanks for the reply... I've heard some of the Reinhart touring bike pipes and they do sound good.

Very cool comparison photos 10-64, thank you... I've already ordered the Tri-Bar brake light upgrade for my bike... Are those saddlebag lights Harley-Davidson parts? I want those! I also really dig the LED center mount tail light.

Very cool comparison photos 10-64, thank you... I've already ordered the Tri-Bar brake light upgrade for my bike... Are those saddlebag lights Harley-Davidson parts? I want those! I also really dig the LED center mount tail light.
Yes, the saddle bag lights are HD.
I didn't like the Canadian reflectors on the rear saddle bags.
The HD bag lights also come in smoked, and black or chrome housings.
Page 742 in the parts catalogue.
I also changed the amber turn signals to red, because the bag lights also act as turn signals too!
Best investment I ever made to enhance rear visibility!

Last edited:
I have the Cobra Neighbor Haters slip-ons. I can still hear the stock speakers.

Thanks for all of the input, Y'all... After several hours worth of research, both online and with my local shops, I've decided on the Vance&Hines head pipe and V&H Eliminator 400 slip ons... I like the idea of this system being modular so that I can install the slip-ons now and the head pipe over the winter. I also love the fact that the V&H head pipe eliminates the catalytic converter, and the ridiculous heat source that comes with it. Thanks again, Brothers.

I made some changes too. The Rineharts are mellow and I love the Ciro lighting much better that the stock lights. The Ciro tail light INCLUDES the wrap License frame.
IMG_5964.jpeg

Of the pipes you mentioned the bone shakers are really deep and louder than the rest but NOT disgustingly loud. These are really high quality pipes made in Alabama USA. Each set is made to order. Takes about three weeks. I have Tab pipes with zombie bagels and they are louder than the Bone shakers but not as deep. If I had the money to burn I would get a set.

I'm about to pull the trigger on these too - I have the same exact bike as you. Did you go with the 4" or the 4.5"? Are they obnoxiously loud, or can I sneak out of my neighborhood without offending everyone?

I also have the 4.5" Screaming Eagle Street Cannons and love them. At idle and low rpm they are near stock, but when you twist the throttle, they have a nice sound. Additionally, not too loud at highway speeds so you can have a conversation with your passenger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165