New Tires Soon!

peteperrone

Mar 27, 2022
Hello,
I ride an '18 SGS. Running the original tires and approaching 18k miles and probably have about 1000 left on the rear, according to the service manager. I love the fact that I have gotten that many miles, however do NOT like the price of $350 for the tire! I am considering the Metzler ME888 radial. Has anyone used this tire? Pros/cons? Or does someone have a suggestion for another tire that I can get the mileage at a lower cost than the H-D tire?
Thanks,
P

Reactions: BillyBob
Hello,
I ride an '18 SGS. Running the original tires and approaching 18k miles and probably have about 1000 left on the rear, according to the service manager. I love the fact that I have gotten that many miles, however do NOT like the price of $350 for the tire! I am considering the Metzler ME888 radial. Has anyone used this tire? Pros/cons? Or does someone have a suggestion for another tire that I can get the mileage at a lower cost than the H-D tire?
Thanks,
P

I did but took them back and got the Dunlop's.
I had a vibration on my front tire I couldn't get rid on on the metzlers.

The metzeler 888 is for lighter cruiser motorcycles. I would stay with the dunlop. You can order them from J&P cycles, DennisKirk or other online vendors. You will order the Dunlop American Elite tires for touring. I get 18,000 miles on the rear tire. It is important that you keep the rear tire pressure at 40 PSI. You can take the tire to s local Indy shop and have them replace and balance the tire

Reactions: BillyBob
Take a look at the Michelin Commander 3 Touring. I'm running a set on my '15 SGS and prefer them over the stock Dunlops.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tulsa