Rear Shock Recomendations for 2020 SG

ChuckSpy

Mar 24, 2021
I want to lower my bike while softening the ride....I know these things are opposite constraints. But is there a rear shock that will do this....i.e. Legends, Ohlins, etc. I am an old guy and the OEM shocks are a little too stiff for me.

Right now I am considering Legends. Not sure if I want to do Air or not. I heard there can be issues with air shocks if you ride a lot. Is this true or an urban myth? Any advantages between air vs no air ?

Any recommendations or lessons learned appreciated.

I want to lower my bike while softening the ride....I know these things are opposite constraints. But is there a rear shock that will do this....i.e. Legends, Ohlins, etc. I am an old guy and the OEM shocks are a little too stiff for me.

Right now I am considering Legends. Not sure if I want to do Air or not. I heard there can be issues with air shocks if you ride a lot. Is this true or an urban myth? Any advantages between air vs no air ?

Any recommendations or lessons learned appreciated.

Yeah chuck , I’m thinking about lowering too.
Guess we can only go down about an inch.
Let me know what you find out.

If you want comfort, you have to raise the bike an inch up to normal touring bike height to have adequate travel for comfort. Now if you want lower when stopping or putting around, you will need to go with air.

I do not have these, but to me they look to be the best engineered air system as they use quality dampers made by Fox.

Arnott Ultimate Ride Kit

ChuckSpy, am getting Legend front(1" lower) and back(12") on May 18. The Dealership has had them for a month, but that is the current installation date. I will update you once I have put a weekend on it. 5'6" and I can mostly flat foot with a Reach Seat. Update you on May 22.

ChuckSpy, am getting Legend front(1" lower) and back(12") on May 18. The Dealership has had them for a month, but that is the current installation date. I will update you once I have put a weekend on it. 5'6" and I can mostly flat foot with a Reach Seat. Update you on May 22.

Let us know how goes! Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165