The NEW 2020s

My dealer said "they heard" the specials will be available in both blacked out and chrome versions.

That's a good thing bringing back the chrome. No way was I buying one of the blacked out ones not my look. Had a salesman tell me it was more expensive to black them out he didn't like it when I explained powder coating is like 1/3 the price. Blew his whole concept of why the price was higher.

That's a good thing bringing back the chrome. No way was I buying one of the blacked out ones not my look. Had a salesman tell me it was more expensive to black them out he didn't like it when I explained powder coating is like 1/3 the price. Blew his whole concept of why the price was higher.

Funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha! Yeah Chrome is WAY more expensive, powder coating is so much easier.

'89 FXRS Left.jpg
Here is the "port" side. This bike only has 10,000 miles on her. It was something that I like to just add things to. The main changes are a Baker 6 speed tranny, Almost all Tin is from Arlen Ness back in the day (which is no longer available).
I was offerred big dollars for her from a retired air line pilot but my wife would not let me sell because it brings back memories when we use to ride when I first got the bike but now on Long Island, you take your life into your hands due to traffic and people on their phones. So sad.

Just bought my 2020 - won't throw a leg over it until April/May timeframe cuz weather in Duluth, MN sucks. From what I'm reading, not too many people here will care for the blacked-out look, but easy-to-clean is important to me and I hated polishing the chrome on my 2018 every time I went on a decent road trip. I ride a lot - easy cleaning is important to me.

Anyway, it ultimately doesn't matter what everyone else thinks - only matters that I like it. :)

It'll look little like this when I actually get it - new bars and grips, Legend rear shocks and some pipes, just not sure which ones yet. :)

IMG_3057.jpg

Just bought my 2020 - won't throw a leg over it until April/May timeframe cuz weather in Duluth, MN sucks. From what I'm reading, not too many people here will care for the blacked-out look, but easy-to-clean is important to me and I hated polishing the chrome on my 2018 every time I went on a decent road trip. I ride a lot - easy cleaning is important to me.

Anyway, it ultimately doesn't matter what everyone else thinks - only matters that I like it. :)

It'll look little like this when I actually get it - new bars and grips, Legend rear shocks and some pipes, just not sure which ones yet. :)

View attachment 15539

Very nice. My nephew is in a small band up there. Trampled by Turtles [emoji41]
Come down south and ride !

Great looking bike- welcome!

That's funny - Trampled by Turtles is HUGE up here!

We're moving to the south next spring after my youngest graduates (did I just type those words???!?!?!) - can't wait for more months of riding!!!

Thanks for the welcome!

Very nice. My nephew is in a small band up there. Trampled by Turtles [emoji41]
Come down south and ride !

Great looking bike- welcome!

That's funny - Trampled by Turtles is HUGE up here!

We're moving to the south next spring after my youngest graduates (did I just type those words???!?!?!) - can't wait for more months of riding!!!

Thanks for the welcome!

Yep, been 65 or so down in Mississippi. 10 months of riding down here. July and August are usually too hot for us Yankees but Some great riding. Let me know if you are ever in the neighborhood. My sister loves the lake up there, even in the winter :)

Wanted to add a video - if you have descent over-ear headphones put them on - sound is pretty close to accurate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrnyc01