2024 New Bikes Out

So, no Special or ST models. Base model starts at 26k with a 117 and that giant ass screen for an infotainment center. At least they got rid of the drab paint colors, except the gray. Which is the standard color now instead of vivid black, but you'll pay extra for it. The blue burst is a color that I wouldn't mind.

New Bikes Out!! What do you think???
Biggest changes since 2014 model! A REDUCED in price MSRP- US $26,500 + ship/setup/TTL. This includes built in WHIM feature, 117 M8 engine, adjustable shocks on both sides, 12 in color TFT screen & less weight. NONE of your add-on accessories or seat will transfer over except 4 point acc mounts. All new wheels, new bags, new seat and of course- New fairing. There are no base models or Specials anymore. The 117 cu is exclusive (for now) to the SG and RG models. You can add Carplay or Android, Harley has opted NOT to offer their HD maps on US models. That's OK with me-they never offered traffic which was the missing link to me. Also a 200 watt sound system and RDRS capabilities are standard.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyBob
Biggest changes since 2014 model! A REDUCED in price MSRP- US $26,500 + ship/setup/TTL. This includes built in WHIM feature, 117 M8 engine, adjustable shocks on both sides, 12 in color TFT screen & less weight. NONE of your add-on accessories or seat will transfer over except 4 point acc mounts. All new wheels, new bags, new seat and of course- New fairing. There are no base models or Specials anymore. The 117 cu is exclusive (for now) to the SG and RG models

I wonder does the windshield move up and down with a button like Indian's do?

NONE of your add-on accessories or seat will transfer over except 4 point acc mounts.
Don't forget, Android auto won't work either. Either H-D or Google decided that it wasn't a necessary feature to have. But apple's car play is still there.

Biggest changes since 2014 model! A REDUCED in price MSRP- US $26,500 + ship/setup/TTL. This includes built in WHIM feature, 117 M8 engine, adjustable shocks on both sides, 12 in color TFT screen & less weight. NONE of your add-on accessories or seat will transfer over except 4 point acc mounts. All new wheels, new bags, new seat and of course- New fairing. There are no base models or Specials anymore. The 117 cu is exclusive (for now) to the SG and RG models. You can add Carplay or Android, Harley has opted NOT to offer their HD maps on US models. That's OK with me-they never offered traffic which was the missing link to me. Also a 200 watt sound system and goodRDRS capabilities are standard.

Good prices but no painted fairing on the inside of the bike!

Reactions: West Coast Struttin
WoW! my $30K bike purchased January 2023 is now offered at $20k trade-in value!!! I think if you use your current bike as a trade-in, it's value will now be $3k to 6k less than before 2024's came out! Black is extra cost ($1,350), colors cost even more ($850) and you need an HD headset purchase to use Car Play. There's an added dongle and charge for Vehicle Hold Control. and, HD maps now are subscription based. WTF!!!

Where did you get your info on the vehicle hold control? Because I just looked on the website under rider safety enhancements, and it shows that this (vhc) is included. And this is for the base model SG.Screenshot_20240127_191601_Opera.jpg

Vehicle Hold Control is NOT included until you purchase the module and software update.

Went on at test ride on a '24 today at 37°. Was a bit nippy to say the least.

My thoughts on it are: Definitely needs a taller windshield (6'2" evenly proportioned between upper torso and legs), transmission shifted like silk compared to mine ('21), quieter exhaust wise, turn singals buttons are low on the clam shell and I found that I was hitting the ppt and back buttons, a lot of real estate on the infotainment screen, seat sits comfortably but for my liking to far forward, air cleaner is huge and will be scuffed up fairly quickly ( had to make a conscious effort to avoid hitting it while braking), no discernable wind buffeting coming up from around the tank, the left turn button is also shared with the horn button ( might stab the turn while needing the horn), the sound system (radio) is weak in the volume department (45 mph and it turned up ¾ with a ½ helmet on just hear something), touring ride mode only felt the same as my 114 on acceleration (pre cam, didn't try out sport mode), suspension is a vast improvement (purposely went for the bigger bumps and dips), center of gravity is lower ( easier to whip it around a parking lot), to start it press and let go of the starter button and it cranks until it running.

My overall thoughts: Great machine if you're considering a new one. The new info center would take a lot to get used to along with the hundred buttons on the bars (😆). The P&A parts have a serious amount of catching up to do, along with the aftermarket folks. There is no support for Android auto or Siriusxm. Although I was told that there are discussions of rectifying these, I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening anytime soon. I mean, look how long it had taken them to support AA on the GTS. If you think that you or your passenger knock your saddlebags now, these are wider to replace the volume lost from not having stretched bags. A 10 mile test ride told me that it can deliver a smooth ride, not leaving me with the thought of the first upgrade being the suspension. The horn is clearly louder to me ( I hit it a couple of times reaching for the blinker). But that may be due to it being mounted down by the jiffy stand pivot and reflecting off the road. Good gracious, the radiator is huge. The cover over it is screened and extends past the down tubes of the frame. Lifts off the stand with minimal effort and easily balanced. Those of you with a shorter inseam, with the center of gravity being lower and reduce weight of it, may have a better time with it at stop lights and such. I found that with just one foot on the ground while stopped wasn't that strenuous. Although I was unprepared to ride today ( hoodie and jeans) I didn't feel that bite that you would get from riding in colder temps. Except for that short ass windshield, I could have went for another 10-20 miles. But my forehead was freezing and my eyes were watering, so I (we) headed back. The grey (gray) paint is about as exciting as mud in your trucks fender well. Why this color was chosen as the primary paint over vivid black has me scratching my head. Now the blue burst really pops in the sunlight. I could see me with that color. But for now, I'm still married to my '21 and don't believe there will be a divorce in the near future. The lack of p&a and aftermarket is my hold back from making the deal. Even with a generous trade in allowance, tire and wheel protection, and swapping over of parts that will, I just can't do it...

Reactions: binarym
Went on at test ride on a '24 today at 37°. Was a bit nippy to say the least.

My thoughts on it are: Definitely needs a taller windshield (6'2" evenly proportioned between upper torso and legs), transmission shifted like silk compared to mine ('21), quieter exhaust wise, turn singals buttons are low on the clam shell and I found that I was hitting the ppt and back buttons, a lot of real estate on the infotainment screen, seat sits comfortably but for my liking to far forward, air cleaner is huge and will be scuffed up fairly quickly ( had to make a conscious effort to avoid hitting it while braking), no discernable wind buffeting coming up from around the tank, the left turn button is also shared with the horn button ( might stab the turn while needing the horn), the sound system (radio) is weak in the volume department (45 mph and it turned up ¾ with a ½ helmet on just hear something), touring ride mode only felt the same as my 114 on acceleration (pre cam, didn't try out sport mode), suspension is a vast improvement (purposely went for the bigger bumps and dips), center of gravity is lower ( easier to whip it around a parking lot), to start it press and let go of the starter button and it cranks until it running.

My overall thoughts: Great machine if you're considering a new one. The new info center would take a lot to get used to along with the hundred buttons on the bars (😆). The P&A parts have a serious amount of catching up to do, along with the aftermarket folks. There is no support for Android auto or Siriusxm. Although I was told that there are discussions of rectifying these, I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening anytime soon. I mean, look how long it had taken them to support AA on the GTS. If you think that you or your passenger knock your saddlebags now, these are wider to replace the volume lost from not having stretched bags. A 10 mile test ride told me that it can deliver a smooth ride, not leaving me with the thought of the first upgrade being the suspension. The horn is clearly louder to me ( I hit it a couple of times reaching for the blinker). But that may be due to it being mounted down by the jiffy stand pivot and reflecting off the road. Good gracious, the radiator is huge. The cover over it is screened and extends past the down tubes of the frame. Lifts off the stand with minimal effort and easily balanced. Those of you with a shorter inseam, with the center of gravity being lower and reduce weight of it, may have a better time with it at stop lights and such. I found that with just one foot on the ground while stopped wasn't that strenuous. Although I was unprepared to ride today ( hoodie and jeans) I didn't feel that bite that you would get from riding in colder temps. Except for that short ass windshield, I could have went for another 10-20 miles. But my forehead was freezing and my eyes were watering, so I (we) headed back. The grey (gray) paint is about as exciting as mud in your trucks fender well. Why this color was chosen as the primary paint over vivid black has me scratching my head. Now the blue burst really pops in the sunlight. I could see me with that color. But for now, I'm still married to my '21 and don't believe there will be a divorce in the near future. The lack of p&a and aftermarket is my hold back from making the deal. Even with a generous trade in allowance, tire and wheel protection, and swapping over of parts that will, I just can't do it...
Feel the same way. I am not ready for a divorce to my 2019. I have her (Silver Fox) just about where I want her.

Reactions: BillyBob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emurillo89