08 street glide. Front cylinder losing spark

Brandon_flhx

Apr 7, 2019
Was heading home after a short ride and my bike started misfiring. I rode on 1 cylinder for about a mile to a parking lot. Let the bike sit for around 15 minutes. And it fired up and idled fine for about 30 seconds and front cylinder went dead again. Tried switching spark plugs and wires around to see it problem chases to the rear cylinder and the misfire is staying with the front cylinder. Has anyone else had this issue. I’m gonna pick up a coil pack and plugs/wires tomorrow and see if that fixes it. Also have these fault codes
P0220
P0222
P1351
P1510
P1511
P2101
P2135

You might try to clear the fault codes and then see if they all come back. Before you spend your money on parts take some time and check your ECM connections. If you have any dielectric grease apply some to the pins and reinsert. I don’t think that you have problems with your coil packs or plugs. Some of the codes you have are a result of twisting the throttle.

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have sent you a Message with a photo.

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

I replaced the coil pack, cables, and plugs and still no luck. I also disconnected every electrical connection and put dielectric grease on them. Those are all present codes. I cleared them and those are the ones that came right back. I does have a fuelpak tuner on it. I was thinking my next move is putting the stock intake back on and removing the tuner. I bought the bike used so I’m not sure how old it is. Do you think the tuner could be bad?
Thanks for the help

Glad you resolved the problem. Not sure about the fuel pack. I had a dyna that need a tuner and it cause issue for me. Dont know if they can be tested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith