100% UV protection helmet visor???

JUAN SGS

Jun 21, 2017
Hi guys

I am not sure if this is the correct section to place this thread.

I live in Spain and we have more than 200-300 sunny days a year, depending on the region. This sounds great for a biker , but recently I have had some sun damage on my skin, so I am quite concerned on this.

In the past I normally rode all my bikes with open face helmets, but since this issues, I am always wearing full face ones (Arai Chaser and Bell), but with "normal" clear visors (non tinted or with integrated sunglasses).

I have been doing some research and many helmet manufacturers claim to protect against 95% of UV radiation of any type (specially A and B) just because their visors are made from plastic (lexan, etc.) , but I have not found clear information on which is the real protection level for an specific visor model or which brands / models are including UV protection visors.

As some of you are living in States with similar sun days rates, can you share any experiences regarding UV protection visors? Did you get sunburned while using supposedly 95% UV protection visors? Anybody knows if Arai is using UV protection visors?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Nobody is concerned or has any experiences to share to avoid sun damage while riding?

I got clear eyes and skin and live in a sunny country, but I´m pretty sure there are thousands of people with similar conditions in U.S. (specially in southern states)

Also, any suggestions on which are the best full face helmets regarding UV protection?

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith