'13 FLHX, Need a trailer hitch.

I put the Fat Baggers hidden vertical hitch (part # FBI 900-10) on my '13 Street Glide. Only issue is it is pretty low because of the illuminated fender extension. The ball mount comes with a 1 7/8" stainless ball with a 3/4" shaft bolt. I took the mount to a local fab shop and had them bore it out to 1" and then ordered a 1 7/8" diameter ball with a 2" rise from Curt. It raised my trailer tongue to an acceptable height.

I ordered the wiring harness and isolator (FBI-HARNESS-6) and installed it myself with no issues. I've pulled my trailer over 3,000 miles with no problems.

I usually order from J&P Cycles. They are knowledgeable and shipping is fast and normally free on orders over $99.

Last edited:
Thanks Maxx. Does the hitch ever bottom on you on hard bumps and is it pretty hidden?

It has never bottomed out on me and when the ball mount is removed from the receiver nothing is visible.

maxx442- Thanks for chiming in and welcome to SGF ! ! ! I'm a Colorado boy myself!

sweatshirtCO_ copy.png

I've stayed in Springs for a few days before we went hunting in Crested Butte. Beautiful.

Sorry it took so long to respond, I work nights and had to catch some ZZZZ's. The install was fairly easy. Be careful with the fender extension light. Skinny hands help.

Lean angle is great. I ran Iron Mountain Road in the Black Hills with the trailer hooked up. No binding at all. Even though the hitch ball is stainless steel I give it a shot of WD-40 whenever I hook up to prevent squeaks and binds.

Everyone told me I needed to get a swivel hitch on my trailer but I've had no issues with the standard coupler.

It is the only fully hidden one I've found for the Street Glide. Even Bushtec's model shows a little of the receiver. I'm a bit OCD about my vehicles appearances and I am happy with this hitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14