13" Legend Revo vs Revo-A

MarkinVegas

Aug 30, 2020
I have a 2009 StreetGlide with OEM shocks. I plan to switch to 13" Revo rear shocks. Money is an issue but I could stretch to get the Revo A's. I know that offers adjustable damping but is it worth the extra money? The Revos are set to #3 damping, which I understand is the most commonly-selected option.
If I really need to spend the extra money I will but I am a fairly conservative rider, weigh only about 190#, pack lightly when touring and ONLY ride 1-up, never 2-up.

Do I need to go with the Revo-A's, or will I be just as happy with the Revo's?

Thanks!

I went with the standard Revos on my 2017 Streetglide and have no regrets.
The rural Iowa roads around here are brutal, but I haven't felt like I should have spent the extra for the Revo-As.

I have a 2009 StreetGlide with OEM shocks. I plan to switch to 13" Revo rear shocks. Money is an issue but I could stretch to get the Revo A's. I know that offers adjustable damping but is it worth the extra money? The Revos are set to #3 damping, which I understand is the most commonly-selected option.
If I really need to spend the extra money I will but I am a fairly conservative rider, weigh only about 190#, pack lightly when touring and ONLY ride 1-up, never 2-up.

Do I need to go with the Revo-A's, or will I be just as happy with the Revo's?

Thanks!

In my opinion, unless you plan on changing the weight around on the bike quite often; which is sounds like you will not be; the REVOs should suit your needs just fine. If you switched between 1-up / 2-up or changing the amount of luggage carried in your bags often it would probably benefit you to have the REVO-As.

Hope this helps!

Lindsey :0)

Hi Lindsey

I need brackets for my Revo Arc reservoirs. Since I own a 2010, Legend doesn’t make them. Do you know someone who makes some or can make some from scratch?

Claude

Hi Lindsey

I need brackets for my Revo Arc reservoirs. Since I own a 2010, Legend doesn’t make them. Do you know someone who makes some or can make some from scratch?

Claude

Thanks for the message Claude. Unfortunately I do not know of any other bracket manufacturers for these brackets other than Legend and as you eluded to, they are only compatible on '14 & newer Touring models.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

LT

Lindsey i'm kinda in the same boat as the OP....except i somedays ride two up, somedays pack the tour pack up and somedays i ride it hard in the canyons. I rode a 2020 Road King special at Legend Suspension in SD during Sturgis with the front cartridges and the 13" Revo A's w remote reservoir. It rode as i expected so much better than stock. Other than the extra adjustability with the remote reservoir, i kinda doubt i'll ever ride it hard enough to be utilizing the remote reservoir's capacity. On the other hand i'd rather cry once and get the best one. lol. I'm not going to do the cool guy mounting of the reservoir up high so anyone can see it, i'm going to mount it low where's more subtle. I think it's $500 difference between the two .Thoughts?
Tim

Lindsey i'm kinda in the same boat as the OP....except i somedays ride two up, somedays pack the tour pack up and somedays i ride it hard in the canyons. I rode a 2020 Road King special at Legend Suspension in SD during Sturgis with the front cartridges and the 13" Revo A's w remote reservoir. It rode as i expected so much better than stock. Other than the extra adjustability with the remote reservoir, i kinda doubt i'll ever ride it hard enough to be utilizing the remote reservoir's capacity. On the other hand i'd rather cry once and get the best one. lol. I'm not going to do the cool guy mounting of the reservoir up high so anyone can see it, i'm going to mount it low where's more subtle. I think it's $500 difference between the two .Thoughts?
Tim

Thanks for the post. In my opinion, I feel like with the different types of riding you do then you need to at the very least consider the Legend REVO-A's since this will provide 6-positions of rebound adjustments for fine-tuning between different riding styles you are doing.

If budget is not an issue and you are wanting the 'top shelf' in coil-overs then I'd consider the REVO-ARC Remote Reservoir Shocks which will give 7-positions of rebound adjustments PLUS 7-adjustments for compression. Both of these combined provide even more fine-tuning capabilities especially for those days when you are riding hard in the canyons, for example. The only downside that I have seen in some forum posts going this route is that if you don't really know what each adjustment does and how they work together for a plush ride, you kind of run a slight risk of creating a worse ride than before. This can certainly be straightened out if you talk to the techs at Legends, but some in most cases these folks get frustrated with their purchase and eventually give up.

All that said, I feel like both the REVO-A or the REVO-ARC would be a good choice for you personally based on your feedback however, it will ultimately come down to 1) budget 2) how advanced of a shock you want to get into.

Hope this helps!

Lindsey :0)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave