2:1 stock head pipe

18flhxs

Mar 7, 2018
Did a 2:1 with the stock exhaust header,just got back from a good ride and the lost torque from the slip- ons is back,feels real smooth now through the throttle power wise and still has a good bark.pretty happy with it.took off left crossover pipe,put in a 40mm freeze plug to the right side pipe and reinstalled left side.can be removed if need be with no problems,and only cost a couple bucks at the local napa.

This is my plan also. I just drilled 6 x 1/2'' holes through my cat in head pipe.

I'll start with that and see how it affects the heat from cat. Hopefully it cools it down because it puts out major heat on right side near back of my leg.

maybe it will liven up sound? Already at idle it sound deeper. But i dont want to lose more torque so i'll start with 6 holes and block cross over pipe like you did.

I have rineheart 4.5'' slip ons on bike and i like them. But they did rob a little on the bottom end.

heat from cat is my biggest concern with the cat though.

I also took off the heat shields and wrapped my cat. With 2 inch header wrap and reinstalled heat shields,that helped with the heat ALOT.you will have to get the next size bigger on the hose clamps if you go that route also.

I also took off the heat shields and wrapped my cat. With 2 inch header wrap and reinstalled heat shields,that helped with the heat ALOT.you will have to get the next size bigger on the hose clamps if you go that route also.

My mod of the cat worked with heat 100% better.

But opened exhaust to much and i lost way to much on the bottom end!!!!!!! could feel it right away!

so i cut a piece of 1/8 inch steel to inside dimension of right side slip on, then drilled holes through it to give me some back pressure and slow flow of exhaust. then slid slip on with my baffle inside over headpipe connection and tightened it all up.

I drilled 8x 1/4'' holes in that piece of metal ( baffle ). It sends more flow to left crossover but still some out right side.

And what do you know, she pulls off bottom again and doesn't have that heat collector cat bothering me anymore. Sounds a little louder but not bad. I like having an exhaust that is loud when you get on it, but quieter on idle and low rpms.

It still has that nice base sound at idle but more braaap when you get after it.

A lot of messing around to get rid of a cat. But it works ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller