2012 Sreet Glide

Firecat

Dec 23, 2012
Here is my ride. Vivid black with Bagger Nation 12" apes, Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner. V&H hi-output 2 to 1 Stainless steel pipes, detachable tour pak, Woods TW555 cams, TTS Mastertune.

Attachments

• Street Glide 2.jpg
    Street Glide 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 0
  • Street glide 3.jpg
    Street glide 3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
The cams really woke it up midrange. The pipes may be a little much for the build, although I am pulling 105lbs of torque. There could be some improvements on the bottom end. If I can't tune the little stumble I have in first gear I'll go back to the V&H pro pipe and retune. The hi-output pipes are really better suited for higher displacement engines with some headwork. I told myself I wasn't going there with this bike.
Cheers!

Thanks Sapper....I had the dealer install the gaurds and the apes. They didn't charge me labor on the gaurds because I gave them the support bars they had to remove.

I installed the saddlebag guards. If I remember correctly, it was very easy and only took maybe an hour.

thanks for the quick responses Firecat and Jackoh, they seem like a pretty smart investment, good to know it may not be as complicated as the instructions make it look.

They are an easy install I helped a buddy put his on last summer. I am going to install the comfort profiles on my scooter this coming summer or as money permits.

on the comfort profile bars, the top of the bar has more of a downward curve to them, i think it is for better rear passenger comfort on the back of their legs. at least that is what it looks like in the pictures

They are a saddlebag guard that is lower on the top than the bag so the passenger's legs clear them.

Interesting...I'll have to check em out.....I'm all about keeping her highness comfy!

today's project

today's project

Installed the Chrome Saddlebag Guard kit today, a lot less complex than the instructions would have you believe,

Attachments

• Streetglide with passenger backrest.jpg
    Streetglide with passenger backrest.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0
  • Streetglide with passenger backrest 2.jpg
    Streetglide with passenger backrest 2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Streetglide saddlebag guard close up.jpg
    Streetglide saddlebag guard close up.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0
They look good. I thought the install was pretty simple as well. Your bike looks great and I really like the wheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith