2015 cvoStreetglide bent exhaust Valve

fcerrone

Apr 23, 2015
Well was getting on the freeway the other day got on it pretty good and bike lost power pulled over and quit running.towed to my shop and found the front cylinder @ 0psi compression,exhaust valve hung open .the exhaust valve must have seized in guide and made slight contact with intake valve! Has anyone experienced this bike has 21k on it has been babied since new!
The good news is now I am upgrading to the Screamin Eagle 117 kit. Parts ordered today will put it together next Saturday! can't wit to see what the new dyno numbers will be!
601e83ef2d3507d5bc836d9802c1dbeb.jpg
e2500a5b3100272a950b6c43ffab5d63.jpg
bd2cf9dcf12f8bc2fb81cd531f3fab0d.jpg
177b8dcc68971ae4e27d94305509af67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My last build nearly did that. The exhaust valve seals were toast and the stems were starting to stick from carbon buildup. The big bore engines (over 103") with high cylinder pressures operate with reduced spark advance to avoid knock and ping. As a result, the fire is still burning when the cylinder exhausts. This gets the exhaust valves really hot.

You can see the carbon build up on the lower part of your valve stems.

Good luck.

2015 cvoStreetglide bent exhaust Valve

Well update exhaust guide ok no damage to intake valve so we replaced the bent exhaust valve performed valve job fully ported /polished ,and atomized intake finish .
Cause of bent valve must have been lifter issue . pictures of heads to follow and new 117 kit install On Saturday!

Last edited:
Well update exhaust guide ok no damage to intake valve so we replaced the bent exhaust valve performed valve job fully ported /polished ,and atomized intake finish .
Cause of bent valve must have been lifter issue . pictures of heads to follow and new 117 kit install On Saturday!

A lifter would have to stick in the lifter bore to do that. Did you check the liter bores and put in new lifters?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allhistory