2015 street glide special did a handle bar swap and now won't start

Roadie

Apr 19, 2018
I think i screwed up my tbw - i turn on the ignition - i have head light - tail light - no display on infotainment system - no gauges moving - i hear the fuel pump - thats it ???? I just tore it all down again n reinstalled the handle bars etc- checked my connections etc ???

I think that the switches on the handle bar go through the BCM ( body control module). Do your turn signals work, does starter engage when you to try to start the bike? If you have a service manual as well as volt/ohm meter you could possible troubleshoot to some degree. As far as the infotainment system goes did you try and power it up. I don’t normally turn mine off and can’t remember what happens if you do ( will it power back up when you turn bike on or if you have use the power on switch). Just my 2 cents worth.

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Check the mint green connector in the wiring harness. Dont need to remove bars or pull out the wiring. One of the 6 little pins in the male side could have been crushed when you pushed it back together if you were not very careful causing the malfunction. Also the wiring for the controls where it exits the pushbutton housing can get pinched and short out. Hope that helps .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77