2017 SG engine light on?

Rpd0004

Nov 29, 2016
My battery died after accidentally leaving the ignition switch on. After recharging and starting the bike, I now have the check engine light on. Does anyone know if something just needs to be reset?

Did you use a charger to fully charge the battery or the Tender? Typically you want to use a good charger to get the battery completely charged up.

IF you did use the charger... pull the left side panel and pull the 50a main fuse for 30 seconds or so...follow the manual procedures ( owners manual ) if you have security

See what happens when you use the kill switch!! Sorry guys, just had to do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I checked the codes then cleared them which in turn reset the engine light.

The codes were u0156= lost comm. with speedometer, b2271=low voltage, b1350=rear left speaker open and b01342=rear right speaker open.

Thanks, I checked the codes then cleared them which in turn reset the engine light.

I transported bike and did not put in transport mode so drained battery and have engine light on, how did you check and clear codes?

See what happens when you use the kill switch!! Sorry guys, just had to do it!

Said he left the ignition switch on not the kill switch. My kill switch stayed on for 15 years with metrics without a problem but I AM following the manual with my SGS.

Erilflynn-you did notice the smiling emoji and that my comment was 6 months ago, right? It was a joking reference to a previous thread about kill switch vs ignition switch!!

Erilflynn-you did notice the smiling emoji and that my comment was 6 months ago, right? It was a joking reference to a previous thread about kill switch vs ignition switch!!

Sorry Happy Glider that was prob my old post last lol..BTW how do you like your FM header and pipes?

Haha! I like both. Quality seems good, stock heat shields fit perfectly and everyone I ride with really likes the pipes…nice and mellow until you grab a handful of throttle, and to me at least, they have a little more of the old school sound than a lot of the current pipes do. Everyone seems to be going more toward a very deep "rumble".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taz107