2018 SGS S&S Stage 2 installation complete!

NGOT8R

Feb 15, 2015
I finally completed the S&S stage 2 install on my 2018 SGS today. It sure was worth the wait! The decibel killers are still in the pipes and it is plenty loud for me. I don't see the need to remove them.

https://youtu.be/GHra4wK-B_I

Sounds awesome! Love the loping idle. She sounds like a happy bike!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Took a test ride this afternoon and WOW! The bike runs and sounds great now. I am very happy with my choice in performance upgrades.

Been gone a few days on a family trip. That thing sounds awesome and it sounds loud enough without taking out those baffles.

Thanks guys! I also added an AIM SDR lockup clutch. I didn't want to have any issues with driving through the stock clutch, so I added the lockup. The only con is, the lever is very stiff, but it's nothing I won't be able to get used to. The clutch bites really hard and should be more than capable of handling the stage 2.

Worth the trouble and expense aint it?
Happy with mine too!
One thing- when I picked mine up I noticed some increase valve-train noise.
My tech said he noticed it too, and talked to S&S about it.
The rep said that the check ball in the premium lifters needed to seat and it should go away within 1,000 miles.
Happy to say after 500 miles it's cleared right up.

Worth the trouble and expense aint it?
Happy with mine too!
One thing- when I picked mine up I noticed some increase valve-train noise.
My tech said he noticed it too, and talked to S&S about it.
The rep said that the check ball in the premium lifters needed to seat and it should go away within 1,000 miles.
Happy to say after 500 miles it's cleared right up.

Oh yeah! I am running the SE lifters in mine and I primed the motor pretty good before starting it for the first time and the top end is very quiet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller