2018 Street Glide Stage IV

Brian 1970

Mar 16, 2018
I purchased a 2018 Cherry Red Special, awesome bike and added the stage 4 with SE slip ons with hopes of hitting some good dyno numbes BUT with having to use only screaming eagle aftermarket parts and the SE tune it is not getting the numbers, I am know considering blowing off the warranty adding head pipes, upgrading the cam and purchasing another tuner, the bike does run good but its only reaching a fraction of its ability's, my issue is Im not sure and till now have been unable to find anyone who has a clue what cam upgrade to add from the kit I've already installed, its sad that you spend over 30K and you are threatened by, If you change it you void your warranty. So what cam and tuner kit do I look into

2018 SGS
107 Upgraded to Stage IV
CNC Ported Heads
Perf Valve springs
64 MM Throttle Body
High Flow Injectors
4.075 Cylinders
11:1 compression
HP Pistons, Rings
SE8-515 Cam
S&S Lifters
SE cam Bearings
SE HP Tappets
HP Clutch pack & Springs

Last edited:
Have you taken a look at Fuel Moto's dyno charts? They should give you a really good idea of what to expect from several different cam combinations. As far as a tuner goes, I have had really good results from my Thundermax. I doubt that you could throw enough mods on your bike to outgrow it. The only negative is, it is expensive.

Last edited:
I wil take at look, I was checking the other tuners and they dont have maps for the 2018 Stage IV yet, Ive already spent a ton so a bit more is not going to bother me as much as long as I can get the results I want, Thank You

I wil take at look, I was checking the other tuners and they dont have maps for the 2018 Stage IV yet, Ive already spent a ton so a bit more is not going to bother me as much as long as I can get the results I want, Thank You

The Thundermax has an auto tune feature that will fine tune any map that you have in it. My brother has a 2017 CVO SG with a Screamin Eagle Stage IV Kit. I convinced him to go with a Thundermax. They didn't even have a tune for his choice of cam. This was not really a big deal, as they tell you to chose a tune that is closest to the mods that you have and then select the auto tune feature and simply ride the bike and it will tune itself.

I went over 120 HP and torque with all H-D parts. You need the H-D high flow exhaust with dual catalytic converters (one in each the muffler) and the new H-D wide-band auto tuning module that works with the street tuner. It will run great and keep your warranty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller