2019 SGS Slip-on advice

BigBus

Mar 12, 2020
I'm looking for some slip-ons for added sound/tourque, but not so much sound that my neighbors hate me more. Ideally, I would like to replace the header down the road, so I'd like slip-ons that can be part of this later modification. Thanks!

I've got the 4½" Screaming Eagle Street Cannons on my '19 FLHX, with the Stage 1

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
35d051a5b3e2edfa8e29d939a805ea81.jpg

Last edited:
thanks 10 64. Can I upgrade to a full exhaust system later and keep these mufflers?

thanks 10 64. Can I upgrade to a full exhaust system later and keep these mufflers?
By that, do you mean adding headers? Yes. That's the only thing I haven't done.........yet.
The dealer told me that with this current Screaming Eagle Stage 1 setup, I can add the headers later

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

You can get a new head pipe later, but most "full exhaust" have their own mufflers. I have Bassini mufflers, they were on it when I bought it new, and added a V&H Power Duals head pipe later. If the pipes were not on it originally, I would have gone with a full exhaust from the start, but ine do sound great. Also many keep the original head pipe and decat it which gives a good sound, and less heat.

I have a set of RC exhaust slash cut slip on's that I just took off my 14 SGS. They sound much better than stock and aren't too loud. I had them installed with the stock and a Fuel Moto ceramic coated head pipe so I'd assume they'd work with any other aftermarket head pipe setup in the future. I also have the stock decatted head pipe as well. Let me know if you're interested?
62e33e7e93d5b2fe5fee0815e8723807.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I've looked at a few different options and the Cobra Neighbor Haters and the V&H seem to get good reviews. I'm a little new to this and would appreciate any direction or advice. There's a few hundred dollar difference but I don't want to buy a crappy product just to save a few bucks.

I like my Cobra 909s quite a bit.
Haven't sprung for the full exhaust- just the slip-ons but even my shop tech really liked them and he's a Reinhart fanatic...
Here's a clip of Luigi's set up..
https://youtu.be/KfHXaoVZYjw

Last edited:
As a reminder, Twincam slip ons will not fit stock (OEM) head pipes that are on 2017-2020 Milwaukee 8 motors

I put Cobra Neighbor Haters on mine and thought they were too
loud and I wasn’t that impressed with the tone either. So I removed the baffles and bought some cherry bomb thrush mufflers and cut those apart and wrapped the baffles with steel wool and installed those in the Cobra muffler. I like the he sound better now.

Well, here you need to look at additional data on the bike. I just know by myself that I also picked up on the old Harley Davidson, and of course had to consider several options for selection. I recommend also to look necessarily information from the profile experts who already know exactly what names are worthy to take a place in the top, for example, here you can look at True Dual Exhaust For Harley https://allforharley.com/true-dual-exhaust-for-harley/ . It is thanks to these data I was able to pick up for myself the exhaust pipe. I think the Freedom Grill (IN00034) Exhaust will do here, as it goes universal from 1995 to 2011, not only does it give a very good and strong exhaust, but also looks very stylish, so it is already solid to drive in front of friends-bikers. I hope that I was able to help, but look for yourself, there are several options described, choose them based on your expectations.

Last edited:
I'm looking for some slip-ons for added sound/tourque, but not so much sound that my neighbors hate me more. Ideally, I would like to replace the header down the road, so I'd like slip-ons that can be part of this later modification. Thanks!

I have V&H 450 Raider Slip-ons on my bike and they are very nice. Good low rumble tone without being too obnoxious. Hope this helps.

I went with the Neighbor Haters, I personally like the sound for the cost. I wouldn't say they are neighbor haters, but they sound decent and the wife says she hear me coming home from a couple blocks away. Not sure if I believe her, I really don't think they are overly loud, but loud enough for me. When I was looking some people mentioned these as well https://www.mutazu.com/collections/mufflers found some good reviews on them but went with Cobra. Best of luck, stay safe.

Everybody has a different opinion on what sounds best. I visited a HD dealer with a huge used inventory. One of their sales guys was nice enough to fire up several bikes with different mufflers. I almost went with Cobra NH. But decided on Rinehart slip ons. They have a great sound. Not too loud, but can bark when you want them to.

753b7189963c94e74ecde3747437dbf3.jpg

I know this post is a few months old but I put the 4” Rinehart slip-ons on my ‘13, Arlen BigSucker with stock cover, FP3. Sounded good and had better acceleration. Later I put a Jackpot 2-1-2 header on. The nice thing about the Jackpot header is it takes your stock heat shields leaving the factory look. I plan to do the same on my ‘19.

Last edited:
@whatnext

Absolutely on the 2:1:2 header! I would suggest 4.5" slip ons though on your M8.

I run V&H Torquer 450s and really like them. Bought them in September, but for my money now I would try these.

https://youtu.be/q_LrdnfO-ZE

Good luck!

#ridesomemore

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165