2019 speaker upgrade question

lopab23

Jul 26, 2022
My apologies as I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a search option for these forums. At any rate, I have the base model 2019 Street Glide and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a decent set of speakers to replace the ones from the factory? I'm hoping for something that is plug-n-play and fairly straightforward to swap out. I do admire the aftermarket systems out there with bigger amps, more speakers, etc... but I'm not trying to get that crazy with it...lol :)

I should add that I only have the basic head unit as well; no touchscreen or navigation; not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Just adding speakers won't get you anymore sound out the head unit.

I went with the H-D branded Rockford Fosgate system. With some creative engineering I was able to put the amp in the fairing and saved cutting holes into my saddlebags. By the way, my bike is a 21. Loud enough to be heard above my exhaust and wind noise.

Just adding speakers won't get you anymore sound out the head unit.

I went with the H-D branded Rockford Fosgate system. With some creative engineering I was able to put the amp in the fairing and saved cutting holes into my saddlebags. By the way, my bike is a 21. Loud enough to be heard above my exhaust and wind noise.

Thanks for the response! I think my biggest challenge is the fact that I have the basic stereo which I don't believe is compatible with the Fosgate system. According to the website, it states: "Fits '14-later FLHT, FLHX, FLHXS and FLHXST models equipped with a Boom![SUP]™[/SUP] Box audio system." I believe that is the stereo that is a full screen; not the one with the smaller screen and buttons and either side. I'm starting to think that the only way to truly upgrade is to upgrade more than just the speakers. Welcom to Harley ownership I guess?...lololol :p

Thanks for the response! I think my biggest challenge is the fact that I have the basic stereo which I don't believe is compatible with the Fosgate system. According to the website, it states: "Fits '14-later FLHT, FLHX, FLHXS and FLHXST models equipped with a Boom![SUP]™[/SUP] Box audio system." I believe that is the stereo that is a full screen; not the one with the smaller screen and buttons and either side. I'm starting to think that the only way to truly upgrade is to upgrade more than just the speakers. Welcom to Harley ownership I guess?...lololol :p

Could you please, share a pic of your head unit? The Boom Box 4.3 and 6.5GT units are still compatible with the RF systems. They would need a dealer activation though. The pic shows what is required to install the RF system on to your ride.

Attachments

• photo13576.png
    photo13576.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave