5'8" rider - needs wind reduction

FLHX14

Aug 30, 2014
SORRY to post this!!! I realize this is an issue that has been discussed thoroughly, but there are so many opinions and posts, that I can't make what I consider an "educated" decision.

The buffeting issue is out of control for me now! My vision is horribly blurred and I am tired of "dealing" with it.

Can someone offer their best recommendation for a fixed height windshield that will eliminate the buffeting and vision blurring issues? I really don't like looking through a windshield so I am just looking for something to remove the wind from around my head, but not make it so hot to ride in hot conditions. I ride to get the wind in my face but I can't see what's in front of me!!!!!!

Bonus if someone suggests a site sponsor!

Thanks!

I have to second the Kuryakyn wind deflector. Got it at Christmas. First ride in April I wondered why I could hear the radio better than before. Then I remembered the air deflector was only thing done this winter. So along with my taller wind screen which has been on since new, and deflector installed this year, much less buffeting if any.

For me, also suffering blurred vision, the solution was to fit both the deflector and a Freedom shield screen with, importantly, the vent always open.

For me, also suffering blurred vision, the solution was to fit both the deflector and a Freedom shield screen with, importantly, the vent always open.

+1

I'm also 5'8" and found a Freedom Shield (I went with a 6" if I remember correctly) and the wind deflectors or "fangs". This has done a great job of significantly reducing the buffeting... I tried all kinds of shields but they only did so much till I added the "fangs"...

On my 2020 SG, I've also installed the fork wind deflector (Fangs), along with the Freedom Shield 6" dark tint. No more buffet at all.
I can wear a hat at 65, and stays on!
The Freedom Shield was probably the biggest wind reducer. I'm 5'10", 33" inseam. John at Freedom Shield will help verify your correct
height.

My post from 3 years ago regarding Anti-Buffeting kit.
Harley Fork Deflectors: Part# 57400143
Kuryakin Triple tree deflector (Amazon) Part# 1405
Adj. Fairing wing deflectors (Amazon).
Recurve windshield (Your choice) for me Clearview 8 inch
xxxxxxxz.jpg

John at Freedom shields was great. Also 5’8 and got my shield Dark Grey. Just one inch diff (6” v stock 5”)throws the wind about 3” higher due to curve. Highly recommend, 1E0E794D-CAFF-4470-9A38-8E647267B9E6.jpeg04BE9C59-238C-4B8C-9C3E-AEF2A92FEF35.jpeg

I love their shields! I've purchased 3 myself but I'll look into the GT version, I wonder if they are doing a discount coupon soon?

Just got an email from them MOJO. Free shipping if you order this weekend.

Mine did take a while to get...exchanged emails with Craig about it and he said his supply of plexiglass has been impacted by Covid, since it is being used everywhere.

I was happy to wait a few weeks and support a small business.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77