7” Freedom Shield

New to this forum. I have the 8" Freedom Shield in light grey on my 2014 FLHX. Excellent product. No complaints.

Last edited:
The wind behind the fairing has been pretty rough since I bought the bike. I've seen hulkss mention Freedom Shields a few times, decided to look em up. What do you know, they're local and about 2/3 the cost of their competition.

Stopped by their shop today in Pine Junction, CO, talked with the owner, and decided to try a 7 inch windshield.

What a difference! It's still breezy enough to know I'm on a scooter, but calm enough to wear my sunglasses and hear the radio. Not taking anything away from the other vendors, but a quality product from a local vendor that saves a little cash seems like an easy choice to me...

Now for some deflectors. I wanna wear my hat too!

Here's the owner, John, hard at work installing my new shield. 20150323_144829.jpg

Last edited:
Dammit- Good for you! Glad you were able to solve the issue. That makes TWO shield companies in Colorado, CLearview a sponsor here is there too. I've been running their product for over a year and am quite pleased myself.

The wind behind the fairing has been pretty rough since I bought the bike. I've seen hulkss mention Freedom Shields a few times, decided to look em up. What do you know, they're local and about 2/3 the cost of their competition.

Stopped by their shop today in Pine Junction, CO, talked with the owner, and decided to try a 7 inch windshield.

What a difference! It's still breezy enough to know I'm on a scooter, but calm enough to wear my sunglasses and hear the radio. Not taking anything away from the other vendors, but a quality product from a local vendor that saves a little cash seems like an easy choice to me...

Now for some deflectors. I wanna wear my hat too!

Here's the owner, John, hard at work installing my new shield. View attachment 5364

I was speaking to John yesterday via email.. great guy!

I'm ordering the 7" dark gray shield and then ordering the 9" in a few months for my long trips.

I'm also going to purchase some adjustable deflectors to help with some of that air pressure coming off the sides.

It didn't take me long after buying the bike to know I needed a taller shield. I'm just shy of 6'2" and anything over 50mph my sunglasses shook so bad i couldn't see. I went with the 8" Freedom Shield and it improved the buffering and stereo sound greatly at highway speeds.

Later I added the HD Fork Wind Deflectors which took care of alot of the turbulence coming from under the fairing up along the gas tank and pounding me in the chest/chin area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith