Aftermarket Windshield? What is everyone using?

MOHog

Sep 19, 2014
Never mind this thread. Im at work and its almost 3:30 in the morning and I didn't see the big thread WINDSHIELDS!

Last edited:
MOHog-You can find almost anything SG/SGS related here . . . .ENJOY!

Hulkss,

I have been looking at those shields for a while now how do you like it? And how tall of one did you get? I believe from history you are a few inches taller then myself at 6'

Clearview shield here with the recurve. I love it and they are one of our sponsors.

I have been looking at those shields for a while now how do you like it? And how tall of one did you get? I believe from history you are a few inches taller then myself at 6'

I'm 6' 3" and have the HD Police solo seat which is much taller than the stock seat. I have a 14" shield and can see over it just fine.

I tried a 12" from HD which was thin and with no recurve it flexed and vibrated in the wind. Then I tried a 12" from Clear View (their tallest non-custom shield). It was better than the HD due to the recurved top but I still had helmet buffeting.

The Freedom Shield is 30% thicker and as such is more than twice as stiff as the others. Even at 14" height it is rock solid in the wind. The edges are fully polished and it really looks great with the light grey tint. It fits in the fairing mounting slot just fine.

Thanks hulkss, I read somewhere that the curve and the thickness of that shield add basically 2" more protection then what the shield really is. So an 8" would give you the same protection as Harley's 10". I had a 10" on my last bagger and it was fine so I am trying to figure out if I want the 7" or 8". I think 7 would look better but worried about how well it will work.

yeah, that is a really nice looking windshield. I was not too impressed with any of them I have seen even klock werks, but I think I'm sold on this one (the freedom). thanks.

I don't count on the 2" more protection with a recurve. Go for proper line of sight over the shield. Tape some cardboard on the shield you have and cut it to the shape of a windshield. Then go ride around (not too fast) and check out the view over it. Then measure for height per instructions from the windshield supplier.

Mojo, How tall are you and what size shield did you get?
Thanks,
Sean

Shmelty- I'm '5"8 and purchased Clearview's small size which has 8 inches exposed above the "belt line".
I was concerned the medium size would have my eye level looking right thru the recurve and distorting my view like the medium size Windsplitter did.

• Harley Davidson Stock Street Glide Vertically measures 13.75"
  • Clearview Shields Vertical size options Small = 15 5/8" Medium = 17"
IMG_1968.jpgIMG_1971.jpg
* Notice the extra room I now have inside the inner fairing Jukebox

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14