anyone tried the 7 inch HD wind deflector

intimidator32

Jul 6, 2015
I'm demoing the 7 wind splitter now and while its an improvement over the stock 4 inches it still not enough. Has anyone tried the 7 inch wind deflector? It looks a lot like the stocker but bigger, which i like the look better than the wind splitter.

I have a 10 inch wind splitter that I took off. Really liked this but was just not tall enough for me. I ended up putting a clear view windshield on and I'm really happy with it. Never realized how much wind noise I was getting from the wind splitter until I put the clear view on. I like to look over my windshield as most do and the 18.5 hits me about the chin if you use a long level to measure with. The 10 inch wind splitter hit me in the middle of the throat for height but I put 15 or 16,000 on it before changing it out. Look around and test some before you buy a lot of shops have a couple laying around you can test.

TomA- I tried the Windsplitter too but left it in favor of the Clearview with the recurve option. What a big difference! They're also Sponsors here and from my home state of Colorado!!!

I'm demoing the 7 wind splitter now and while its an improvement over the stock 4 inches it still not enough. Has anyone tried the 7 inch wind deflector? It looks a lot like the stocker but bigger, which i like the look better than the wind splitter.

When I bought my bike, I had them swap out the windshield from a police model. Not sure what size it is but its definitely taller than the oem. It looks like its at least 7, maybe 10 inches. I like it.

I also didn't like the 7" Windsplitter, now have a 8.5" Memphis Shades recurve that works so much better!

I put a 7" windshield from Freedom Shields on mine.

2015 FLHXS. Full Boar Exhaust, XIED fuel enrichment device, K&N air filter, Saddlemen Road Sofa Seat, Kuryakyn ISO grips.

Thanks for the replies guys. I think i'll take the wind splitter back today and try something else. By the way i mentioned the fork deflectors and all 3 parts guys said they had never sold any for the street glide only for a road king . i also bought a set of soft crash bar lowers so i'll try those out today too and report back. I have 1800 miles on her since i got her in july and my only complaints are the wind buffeting and the heat of course, if only this thing ran as cool as my thunderbird it would be a perfect bike.

Intimidator32, now you can tell your counter guy he has something to sell to the street Glide and Ultra owners that complain of the air coming up from between the fairing and the gas tank.

Huh! Must be "new parts guys". the fork wings are very popular for Buffeting and most people that have them think they're ugly but worth it. I agree!:cool:

I demoed the 7 and 10 windsplitter there was a slight improvement, but not enough improvement to purchase. I ordered the 7" ultra elite from long ride shields and absolutely love it. i got the dark tint. i can see over it fine. im 5'9" i get no buffeting at all now and neither does my passenger.

I have tried the 7" HD windsplitter. Ended up selling it. Just didn't work for me.
Tried the Klockwerks 6.5". Works very well
Tried the 7" Long ride Shield. I like the Shield but catch a lot of wind on my ears.
Also tried the 5" Klockwerks but too short.
I also have the fork air deflectors & lowers.
My windshield winner is Klockwerks 6.5".
I have a '14 At Street Glide.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

well i ended up with the HD 7 inch wind deflector. Its better than the stocker and allows better use of the radio but there is more buffeting than the 7 inch wind splitter. So i guess i'll be adding the fork deflectors too. Marsha do you know the part no. of the ones you have on your bike?

well i ended up with the HD 7 inch wind deflector. Its better than the stocker and allows better use of the radio but there is more buffeting than the 7 inch wind splitter. So i guess i'll be adding the fork deflectors too. Marsha do you know the part no. of the ones you have on your bike?
Sorry I missed your post until now. Here is the link, http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline.com/product/57000529_Adjustable-Air-Deflector---Dark-Smoke

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I use Klockwerks 5" for local rides and 6.5" when going on long rides on my 16 SGS. I'm really happy with them. I had a Klockwerks 6" on my 13 SG before and was happy with it. That's why I went with Klockwerks again on my 16.

I got the 7" Windsplitter when I bought my 15 Street Glide, didn't like it, when with a Memphis Shades 8.5", much better wind protection. I have since also gotten the air deflectors and the fork fangs which has stopped the air that was coming up from underneath the fairing and fuel tank. Those 3 things have really made riding the bike enjoyable over a great temperature range.

got the fork deflectors on and its soooo much better but then again its in the 50's now so don't know if i'll be able to stand them when the weather turns hot again 6 months from now Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith