Bike Cover

gonavy1990

Oct 22, 2015
Hello everyone, I am new to the site and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about a good cover for my bike. I live in the Valley of Ca and just want something to cover the top of the bike to protect it from the sun. I know HD makes a oasis cover but just looking for other good options.

Thanks

I recently bought a cover from HD and was told it was the best one. Warning: Be sure what ever cover you buy it has a soft inner lining otherwise any wind or movement will scuff your clear coat. I ditched mine (I would be happy to sell it to you, HD cover without the logo) and bought a bike shelter and could not be happier! It is awesome! Its like a garage in a bag, but more money and very well made. Check it out. It may not be what you are looking for, but it worked for me. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/352-077

I cover mine with a fitted Queen sheet. Free and scuffless! :cool:

Nice idea I will keep that in mind if I can't find one I like. I think the problem I would have would be keeping it on with all the wind and jet exhaust I get at work sometimes.

I only cover it with the sheet in the garage, not outside.

If your going to cover it look at leatherup.com and the cheap covers they have. Folds up or stuffs into a bag and doesn't take up much room in the saddle bag. Has tie downs or bungee cords that hook under the bike and keeps it secure. I think mine cost 15 bucks and have been using it for a couple of years now. Xelement I think the brand is very light nylon cover that hasn't scratched my paint yet. After you use it a couple of times it takes about 3 minutes to put it on by yourself.

Good luck

I recently bought a cover from HD and was told it was the best one. Warning: Be sure what ever cover you buy it has a soft inner lining otherwise any wind or movement will scuff your clear coat. I ditched mine (I would be happy to sell it to you, HD cover without the logo) and bought a bike shelter and could not be happier! It is awesome! Its like a garage in a bag, but more money and very well made. Check it out. It may not be what you are looking for, but it worked for me. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/352-077
How much you looking for??

I picked up a great cover from Lindsey at Iron Aces for around $50. Wanted something for traveling. Folds up small enough, about 1/3 bag or less and keeps the elements off the bike.
Very happy with purchase. They are one of our sponsors and great people to deal with.

+1 on the fitted sheet reccomendation. I was about to drop $'s on a cover, but I'm only looking to keep dust off of it. The sheet I used covers all but the front and rear fenders.

Just make sure you ask the wife first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14