Bright Future for HD...... Not looking that way

Motorcycle sales are down across the board.
Millennials just aren't buying them( Cause bikes and snowflakes don't mix)
and, while I'd like to get a new bike every 3 or 4 years, the rising prices and declining trade-in values make that a pipe dream.
I'd still be riding my 2008 Fatbob if my wife hadn't convinced me to get a bagger just in time for the M8 to come out.
(P.S.) I still have my Fatbob cause the stealership wasn't going to give me crap for it.
There's a good chance if I don't blow it up or wreck it my FLHX might be my last bike...

Actually not true regarding motorcycle sales.
BMW is showing record sales - https://www.rideapart.com/articles/302152/bmw-record-sales-eight-years/
Indian Motorcycles also showed a "slight" increase in sales as well - https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/11/06/indian-motorcycle-still-revving-its-growth-engines.aspx

I won't get into the whole millennial aspect as that can go on and on, but what it does show with Harley's declining sales and others increases, is Harley isn't doing something right. Kinda reminds me of IBM back in the day. They were the dominant computer manufacturer but refused to change believe their way with centralized computing was the way to go and stay....

Motorcycle sales are down across the board.
Millennials just aren't buying them( Cause bikes and snowflakes don't mix)
and, while I'd like to get a new bike every 3 or 4 years, the rising prices and declining trade-in values make that a pipe dream.
I'd still be riding my 2008 Fatbob if my wife hadn't convinced me to get a bagger just in time for the M8 to come out.
(P.S.) I still have my Fatbob cause the stealership wasn't going to give me crap for it.
There's a good chance if I don't blow it up or wreck it my FLHX might be my last bike...

Great article! At the end of every year my local dealer will discount the previous years bikes by 2-3,000 dollars.
That’s when I usually buy my bikes. If every dealer could do that, I bet it would boost sales. Unfortunately not every dealer can do it, because they don’t own the bikes on the floor. Until Harley’s prices come down 10-20% they are in big trouble!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bright Future for HD...... Not looking that way

b887640ad0787e459661f41abe47a073.jpg

HD trying to appeal to the millennials at the x-games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave