Buying a new 2015 Street Glide Special

Marlon Jones

Dec 18, 2014
I am new to the forum. I am looking to buy a 2015 street glide special. It is my first Harley. I was wondering what are the pro's and con's of going with a full header versus stock. Also, what is the best pipes that are not to load to wake up the neighbors but give the bike a nice low rumble and performance. I am also looking at installing another breather. I would appreciate any advice on what I should do to the bike for the money. New chrome front forks, etc....

I would recommend Screaming Eagle Street Cannon Mufflers, Screaming Eagle or similar air intake, and the Harley Stage One download tune. I have this and the bike runs and sounds great. No warranty issues and not too expensive.

I am new to the forum. I am looking to buy a 2015 street glide special. It is my first Harley. I was wondering what are the pro's and con's of going with a full header versus stock. Also, what is the best pipes that are not to load to wake up the neighbors but give the bike a nice low rumble and performance. I am also looking at installing another breather. I would appreciate any advice on what I should do to the bike for the money. New chrome front forks, etc....
In addition to the feedback you get here you will likely find exactly what you are looking for has been posted (many times before) in various places throught this forum......I would suggest that you may find most of what you want to know by using the "Search" window in the upper right hand portion of this page :D

Welcome aboard, you're looking at a great bike....Have fun!!

Thanks for the advice. I have been reading way to much and just trying to settle in on what I want on the bike so I can make the purchase.

In addition to the feedback you get here you will likely find exactly what you are looking for has been posted (many times before) in various places throught this forum......I would suggest that you may find most of what you want to know by using the "Search" window in the upper right hand portion of this page :D

Welcome aboard, you're looking at a great bike....Have fun!!

Marion Jones
. . . +1 what paul65k said, just check thru past posts, talk to friends, listen to other bikes and then make your decisions. Also Welcome from Nashville TN

Welcome from Reno, NV...

You will find a plethora of info here and varying degrees of opinions on what will sound good to your preference... however.... the only REAL opinion that matters is your own when it comes you YOUR sled. Search YouTube for many vids and sound clips of different setups and use a good set of headphones to get the best idea of sound. The only other way is to hear them on the bike and first-hand.

Hulkss suggestion is probably the best advice to listen to.... because they are not too loud and work well with the download and Stage 1 AC upgrade. They ALL sound good... some louder... some deeper... you have a hard choice to make, but it won't be the last.... I am on my 2nd system now.... maybe I'm done... maybe not.....

Do yourself the favor and don't jump on the first thing you come across.... take your time... you HAVE time....and there are MANY MANY more mods in your future....

Welcome to the fun and I agree with these guys but I would go listen in person as that's the only way to know. Looks like your close to Mojo better listen to his.

Good luck in your search

Welcome from Northern VA. I would suggest hanging around a dealership and listen to different bikes. You can listen to YouTube videos, but it's just not the same. For me I choose Rush Big Louie slip on's, power vision tuner and a SE heavy breather. Bike runs great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. The CFR's really sounds good. Believe me, I have listen to a lot of bikes at the dealerships. I am just trying to get it right the first time. I may need to just do it!

Whatever you do......there will be something better soon after you choose......you called it.....just do it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469