Chirping noise in front end !!

wtheron

Oct 10, 2014
Just developed a chirping noise that seems to be coming from the front end. Can't find the source. Has anyone heard the same ? 2014 SGS

I also have a 14 SGS and at times hear a similar sound and mine is coming from the push button on the gas lid cover. While I was riding one day and heard noise I held down on the button slightly and it disappeared. Haven't tried to resolve yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Also, the fairing vent can vibrate and rattle on occasion. Open/Close it to see if the noise gets better. Also try pushing around on the vent itself.

Also, the fairing vent can vibrate and rattle on occasion. Open/Close it to see if the noise gets better. Also try pushing around on the vent itself.
This.

Mine came loose and was rattling pretty good. Had the dealer replace it for me, and then that night I taped the flap up to its roof. I never close the thing anyway.

Sent from my phone.

I have a 14 SGS and it has the same chirping noise coming from the front end. I don't think it is the vent. I did solve another chirping noise that was caused by the provided tool kit it the saddlebag. Two of the wrenches were rubbing together because the vibration ripped the tool case apart. Fixed that.

Some people report that a failing wheel bearing can chirp. I personally have never found this to be the case...usually it's a rumbling noise. But I'm just passing it along.

Seeing that y'all have had a nasty winter, which means you can't ride as much as you wish...look for signs of a bird nest with baby birds....I hear they chirp a lot. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith