Clear shades for night riding

T Jay

Apr 12, 2015
My set of clear shades has bitten the dust. Don't know who made them, just bought them out of necessity at some bike shop somewhere. They were just ok, considering they cost me $30. They had molded foam around the sides that I'm not sure helped any, but more likely kept moisture in and allowed the glasses to fog up at a stand still in dry conditions. Safe to say, no love lost.

I'm looking for suggestions as to what other people are riding with. While I'm more interested in which ones are loved by those who wear them, I would definitely appreciate knowing about any that I should stay away from.

As always, any input that you take the time to provide is greatly appreciated. Perhaps there is already a thread on this very topic, I didn't look, don't beat me up too much. :cool:

How much night riding do you do? I use cheap ($3/ pair) ANSI- approved safety glasses. I'm in the industry so I have dozens of pairs. Cheap, they work, they're safe, and I keep a couple of pair in my bags.

How much night riding do you do? I use cheap ($3/ pair) ANSI- approved safety glasses. I'm in the industry so I have dozens of pairs. Cheap, they work, they're safe, and I keep a couple of pair in my bags.

I wind up doing a good bit of riding in the dark, depending on the season.... I leave early for work and sometimes wind up working late. The safety glasses are a great idea, will definitely store a pair in my bags for emergencies, but was looking for something more motorcycle oriented.

Yellow lens KDs. Cost around $10.

I've heard about those, and at that price I won't get all bent out of shape if they do. Bikers have been wearing those forever, should have thought of that myself.

Still listening if anybody has any other ideas I shouldn't miss...

2x for the KDs I have both yellow and clear.

2016 CVO Street Glide
Carbon Crystal w/ Phantom Flames
Matched Chopped Tour Pack
Reinhart Slimlines
Fuel Pak FP3
Screamin Eagle Breather
Yaffy 12" Bars and License Plate Frame

Wiley X. Mil spec lens and come in all shades, including clear, and some with darkening capabilities as well. These also have a removable facial cavity to keep dust and debris out.

I use the safety glasses also. And because I need readers, I get the ones with the built-in readers so I can see my dang gauges...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469