Clearview Road Report

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
Well the weather was very nice (66 degrees) Saturday and boy were the bikes out and humming, including mine! This gave me an opportunity the test the new “shield” from Clearview for you. When it arrives it is well packed (like Nitro Glycerin) and has protect plastic film on both sides to discourage damage. Mounting holes are pre punched depending on which year you need so it goes on in minutes. They recommend you don’t remove all the film until you try it on and make sure it fits your year. The website has a nifty little tool to assist you in selection of size, color/tint and straight or recurve. For my 2014 FLHXS I chose the small, light tint with recurve It’s about 2 inches higher than my Windplitter. And 2-2.5 inches wider. All went perfect for the install so now I had to try it out at several different speeds. I have to say this shield DOES push the air away and around you quite well at any speed other than low where there aren’t any flow issues. I have the smoked 7.5 HD Windsplitter, which does a great job but I have to say as far as lateral buffeting the Clearview does a better job! It is wider than the Windsplitter and I have to think that’s why. With an ungloved hand at 70-80 mph I moved my hand all around and can say that from shoulder to shoulder and waist up to the top of my helmet the air was very calm! I do have the HD fairing lowers and fork lowers on my bike and the only real buffeting I noticed emanates from below and up around the gas tank but even then, it’s not much. I was wearing a half helmet with sunglasses and the glasses did not move at those speeds. I give it two thumbs up guys! :) :) :cool:
ws1.JPGws2.JPGws3.JPG

If i remember right you can use rain x on that shield too.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

Can you run the Harley Windshield Pouch with the Clearview windshield?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can you run the Harley Windshield Pouch eith the Clearview windshield? [quote JMeadows]

I believe it will be just fine since it retains the stock shield shape until the top recurve occurs.

Good morning Mr Momjoman- you've had the Cleirview shield for a while now; are you still pleased?

Good morning Mr Momjoman- you've had the Cleirview shield for a while now; are you still pleased?

I am still very pleased, If it some how was damaged, I'd order another one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith