Clutch sensor blocking oil filter

Jazz

Aug 5, 2016
Ok. I think it's called a clutch sensor.. An oval plate with a set screw, round rubber cap with a wire coming out of it. Someone changed the oil and filter, and got a filter wrench stuck on the filter... And the sensor doesnt allow enough clearance to get it back off. I don't want to start tearing it down, without knowing what I am doing. Help, please? Thanks

Attachments

• 0802160626~2.jpg
    0802160626~2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
Harley sells a Oil Filter wrench with a cut out for removing Oil filter.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/end-cap-oil-filter-wrench

It state in the service manual. pg 1-16

Lubricate gasket with clean engine oil. Install new oil filter on filter mount.
Hand tighten oil filter 1/@ to 3?4 of a turn after gasket first contacts mounting surface. Do NOT use oil filter wrench for instalation.

FYI. It's called the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP)

Last edited:
I bought this.

KiWAV End cap oil filter cap wrench 76mm 14 Flutes for Harley-Davidson motorcycle
by KiWAV
4.7 out of 5 stars 45 customer reviews
Sale: $11.90 Free Shipping for Prime Members
In Stock.
Want it Monday, Aug. 8? Order within 13 hrs 12 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Sold by KiWAV and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Special design to fit oil filters found behind crank sensor without crushing it.
Easy of Use for installation and removal of oil filter.
Allows the spin-on filter to be turned with a 3/8" drive socket wrench.
› See more product details

I guess I got lucky, I borrowed a friend's filter wrench to remove mine and it cleared just fine. I've never owned the cup style, only the strap wrenches. I Use K&n filters just for the convenience of having a nut.

And no I don't install with a wrench. I Use a driver to make things easier without giving me an extra mechanical advantage.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90