Compensator question

Gregs41

Sep 11, 2014
So somebody gave me this ugly thing lol
a4upu6yv.jpg

Compensator stripped off crank and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I could weld it solid back together

Former Jersey Jeepers treasurer
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow

Wow

did it completely strip the drive side crank? only way to solve that is to split the cases and do a new left side. S&S has assembly's . or just do a short block from HD. so many ways to approach this. What year engine?

did it completely strip the drive side crank? only way to solve that is to split the cases and do a new left side. S&S has assembly's . or just do a short block from HD. so many ways to approach this. What year engine?

It's a 94 . I could grab a used crank or motor and rebuild but was going to keep it cheap bc it was free. The splines are demolished that's why I was thinking grab a new stator and weld the sprocket and run er till she's really done lol

Myself, I would split the case, install new or used wheel with rods. your cost would be: gasket set (complete), wheels/with rods, your labor and maybe a few tools you do not have. If you try to weld the left case seal and bearing will be destroyed, the weld would more likely fail due to poor fitment and contaminants (oil, grease, rubber etc.....). should have ask this first, do you have the paper on this thing? if not good way to end up in the boys club. either way have fun.

Myself, I would split the case, install new or used wheel with rods. your cost would be: gasket set (complete), wheels/with rods, your labor and maybe a few tools you do not have. If you try to weld the left case seal and bearing will be destroyed, the weld would more likely fail due to poor fitment and contaminants (oil, grease, rubber etc.....). should have ask this first, do you have the paper on this thing? if not good way to end up in the boys club. either way have fun.

Thanks for the help. It's totally legit otherwise I wouldn't bother. I think I'll just split the case and go at it . I have all the tools I need so just my labor and some gaskets . Found a crank for less then 2 bills . At least I have something fun to do while it's cold

In the long run that's the way to do it. it gives you the chance to see what's inside. have fun, don't get in a hurry.

No hurry here lots of Street glide fun first lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469