Corbin Saddles

BigBus

Mar 12, 2020
I’m looking at upgrading my saddle and am zeroing in on the Corbin Widowmaker. But it’s a substantial investment and am wondering if you all have any feedback or advice. Leather vs. vinyl? Any other highly recommended brands? I ride around town and day-long trips, but the factory seat isn’t cutting it anymore. Thanks!

Many folks on here recommend...

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

I'm figuring out what bar height height I prefer first, but bought an OEM seat for $100 online and will send it to them to make just right soon.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Hi,
I have a Corbin Hollywood solo. I have spent full days on it and love it. Thought it might look good but hurt, it was a pleasant surprise how comfortable it is. Leather for sure. It may set you back and or down in riding position. Good luck!

I’m looking at upgrading my saddle and am zeroing in on the Corbin Widowmaker. But it’s a substantial investment and am wondering if you all have any feedback or advice. Leather vs. vinyl? Any other highly recommended brands? I ride around town and day-long trips, but the factory seat isn’t cutting it anymore. Thanks!

I've been running a Corbin Gunfiighter seat since buying my Street Glide new in 2010 (also had one on a Fat Boy prior) and I will never ride with any other seat. In my opinion, you pay for the quality plus the comfort so if you are planning on spending lots of time in the saddle, why not invest in a good one from the get-go. I always tell myself when I'm hung up on price is that I didn't go the cheap route on the bike so why do so with the accessories? That gets me into trouble sometimes too, lol.

I'd personally opt for the leather leather over the vinyl. Also, if you do any cold weather riding, definitely consider the heated option as well. I cannot tell you how much of a difference this will make on those cold days.

If you do go this route, expect that you will need to put in a good 500-600 miles before it is fully broken in and the ride is plush. This is because it takes a while for the foam they use to conform to the shape of the "tushie".

Hope this helps!

Lindsey :0)

Seats

Seats

Been researching this for awhile. Another HD forum i looked at has a mass of opinions on all the major seat vendors and reconstruction seat vendors, seats. After reading for a couple hours, my conclusion is that 50% love em and 50% hate em.
So its a gamble without test riding them. Have now changed my mind now 4 times. Had a Mustang seat once and wasn't completely happy so just going to pick another brand and give it a try. Not much help for you i know.

Just ordered a Danny Gray seat : Airhawk Longhaul 2-Up XL Seat With Drivers Backrest Capability - 21-413DAIR Will see how it works !

Danny Gray Seat

Danny Gray Seat

Interested to hear how you like the Danny Gray

Should have it next week. Rode a couple times last week but i see the forecast is for snow next week............ figures.
As soon as i can get 100 miles plus, i will report back. The Airhawk seat has pumpable air bladders similar to wheelchairs so im excited to test it out on a long ride. My stock seat allows about 1/2 hour of pain free riding. The Mustang seat i had would do 1 hour.

Hey West Coast Struttin, you ever get a chance to put some miles on the Danny Gray Longhaul XL? I'm thinking about putting one on my 2012 and it looks like it would be comfortable for both me and my wife. Wife happy = more trips.
Thanks,
Ryan

Hey West Coast Struttin, you ever get a chance to put some miles on the Danny Gray Longhaul XL? I'm thinking about putting one on my 2012 and it looks like it would be comfortable for both me and my wife. Wife happy = more trips.
Thanks,
Ryan

Hey Ryan, Did a couple 150 plus rides. Very happy with the seat. Wife likes it way better than the stock seat as its 4" wider and has the air feature. Seems to work best at half full pressure, for me at least. 6" 182 LBS. I no longer need the backrest as the seat is 2" deeper than stock so plenty of back support. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the information. Been looking at the Longhaul XL Air seat. Wife doesn't like the stock seat, it's too narrow for her. Simply put she has a big butt. I hate the thought of having to put one of the factory Harley seats on it that is wide and SUPER tall. I don't like the way they look at all. Again, thanks for the information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eduzueta