Does Anyone Wear a Full Face or Modular Helmet?

I can barely hear it at full blast with cheek pads in on my full face. If you're on a ride with someone with pipes on next to you, forget it. You won't hear anything.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Not really and to me unless you are cruising at slow speed or parked trying to hear music over wind noise is quite impossible. That's quality sound music and not just loud mid/high's which will do damage to your hearing. Of course, I can only speak for myself!

I wear a full face helmet here in Australia and i can hear the music at highway speeds through the speakers but i also use a HD branded senna headset as if it is too noisy with traffic.

I wear a SHOEI Neotec 2 modular helmet for few reasons; obviously the safety factor of a full -face helmet; I personally know a few riders riders who went down wearing smaller helmets and sustained some serious facial injuries. I also appreciate the versatility of the modular helmet and the integrated retractable sun-shield allows my to wear my prescription glasses.

Another reason and getting more to your question, I did not like to sound of the distorted music coming from stock speakers at highway speeds and was constantly adjusting the volume as speed, RPM and ambient noise levels changed around me.

I have installed the SENA SRL Bluetooth communications system in my Neotec 2 helmet and simply love it! I can use the radio feature, listen to my i-phones music playlist and/or talk of the phone when I want to. I found this was the best solution for me, I love to listen to music when I ride, but do not like the sound distorted at all, or so loud that that it may permanently damaging (hearing loss is becoming recently noticeable), the sound thru the speakers inside my helmet is excellent and I rarely need to adjust the volume. The Neotec 2 helmet is also very quite, the only downside is the weight as it is somewhat heavy.

Just another option for you to think about, I am very happy with my modular helmet and Bluetooth communications system setup.
Hope this helps you decide what is best for you.

I wear the same Shoei helmet and just bought the whim with Harley branded Sena for radio and communications. Love the protection provided by the full face.

2018 Street Glide Special
Clearview Wind Screen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrnyc01