Freedom Shields? Anyone have their windshield?

fishin1789

May 28, 2015
Just wondering if anyone on here has tried the windshields from Freedom Shields? They look like they are priced right, but......., wondering if they work as well as other more expensive shields.

I have one. A 6 inch gray one. Works good and very little if any wind induced vibration. It fits well. I look over it and get no insects on my face shield. Little buffeting with shield up above 50 mph or so. No buffeting with shield down to about 70 or so. Wife says buffering in back at highway speeds. I would recommend. I'm 5' 9".

I had a 10" after I bought the bike. It is a lot better than the stock screen. Just changed out the seat which sets me up higher. I went with the LRS 11" Ultra Wide screen. Works just as good as the Freedom shield. Went with LRS because of 40% off sale. One other note on freedom shields, it is a thicker screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 8" dark. I am 6' and it is perfect for me. The shield is thick so there is 0 vibration at Highway speeds nor any visual distortion if I look through the shield. I have no wind until I get over 70 mph, then some buffering coming from below. Great product, would definitely buy again.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I have the 7" dark one and love it works better then the 10" Harley one I had on my ultra classic

I had the 8" Ultra Dark tint on my last bike and loved it. It is thicker and much more stable than other brands.

I have a 9" dark Freedom Shield. It replaced a 10" HD windshield. The FS is only about 1/4" shorter than the HD because of the flare, the FS is also wider because more defined corners where the HD has more of a slope on the sides. I am 6'-1" with 36 inseam. I see over the windshield with no problem. At 70 MPH the wind just barely hits the top of my helmet. I have virtually no buffeting but in addition I also have hard lowers and adjustable fairing vents that I turn as far as they will go.
I am very happy with the FS the design complements the shape of my SGS. The HD made it look more like a Geezer Glide. The FS is made from thick acrylic, not supposed to shatter, and you can use Rain-X on it.

UPDATE........Got my 7" dark smoke shield from Freedom Shields yesterday. Put it on and took a short test ride.....Came back home and removed the film and mounted it for good. Best investment I have made so far! I am 6 ft. with a 32" inseam and run a stock seat and I have almost no buffeting at 85+mph! No more shaking glasses and I can actually ride without having to increase the radio volume to hear.

Great shield at a great price!

7" dark smoke works great for me. I'm 6-4, no buffeting. Actually scored a blemished shield for a good price and the 'blemish' that it actually has speaks volumes to their quality control. Would totally recommend doing business with them.

I ordered a 8" last week, but really wanted the 7". Wish I'd have read this before I ordered. Sounds like the 7 would've worked for me. Hopefully I'll get it by this weekend.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Where is the best site to purchase shields and do they offer forum discounts? I have been looking at the Harley shields and it seems FS gets rave reviews!! I am 5-10 with a Mustang solo seat....Trying to deicde on 6 or 7 inch shield!! Im tired of the glasses shaking too!
Thanks for any suggestions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where is the best site to purchase shields and do they offer forum discounts? I have been looking at the Harley shields and it seems FS gets rave reviews!! I am 5-10 with a Mustang solo seat....Trying to deicde on 6 or 7 inch shield!! Im tired of the glasses shaking too!
Thanks for any suggestions!

I ordered directly from Freedom Shields web site, don't know if it was a good deal but within my budget. I paid $100 plus $15 for shipping. I received an email from them stating it will be 1 week from purchase date till it ships. I'm just hoping the 8" shield isn't too tall and takes some style from my SG. But they state you can return it as long as you don't take off the protective film.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

7" dark smoke works great for me. I'm 6-4, no buffeting. Actually scored a blemished shield for a good price and the 'blemish' that it actually has speaks volumes to their quality control. Would totally recommend doing business with them.

Welcome to SGF 69Bronco !

Have the 11" FS and it is a excellent product! No vibration at any speeds. Highly recommend!

Thank you all!! I have the 6" dark smoke and is perfect and well made! John was awesome to replace a shield that i admiitted damaging by tightening one of the end screws just that little tooo much and it cracked!! i called to order another one the same day I screwed it up and he said that it happens so rarely that he would ship me out another one.....I insisted to pay something if not all of another one but I guess honesty pays since i take the idiot award for overtightening!! John is awesome and it really made my day!!

I just received my 8" dark gray Freedom Shield today. It appears to be an excellent shield and it installed in about 3 minutes following the enclosed instructions.

We had nice weather here over the weekend and I got a chance to ride my bike with my new Freedom 8" shield. It works excellent and I am pleased with the price, fit and quality and I can hear the radio much better.

I can see after riding with the higher Freedom Shield, that I am getting air coming up over the tank and I will have to put on fork deflectors to eliminate most of the air coming up over the tank. It was probably always there, I just did not notice it as much with the stock lower shield with more air movement to the driver.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith