Front End Upgrade

09 Softail C

Jan 8, 2017
Talking with Cycle Solutions and having them install a ThunderMax iRide system on the rear of my 2016 Street Glide. I have had one before and I am ok with that. Chris (the owner) strongly suggests upgrading the front end at the same time. He would install the spring kit (not sure who makes it) I am sure the kit is a top quality product. He doesn't deal with cheap stuff. Not sure they are worth the $1,500 installed price. Do these front end upgrades really make a big difference over stock?

Yes they do. However, not knowing the brand, I suspect $1,500 is a bit steep. I would go with Suspension Technologies. I got my front end fork cartridges done at Bike Week in Laconia last year for $825 installed. Love the ride. I have an air ride system in the back from Xotic Customs, that I had done in 2021 at the fall Myrtle Beach Rally.

Reactions: 09 Softail C
Yes they do. However, not knowing the brand, I suspect $1,500 is a bit steep. I would go with Suspension Technologies. I got my front end fork cartridges done at Bike Week in Laconia last year for $825 installed. Love the ride. I have an air ride system in the back from Xotic Customs, that I had done in 2021 at the fall Myrtle Beach Rally.
Perfect! They will be at Leesburg Bikefest the end of this month.

Perfect! They will be at Leesburg Bikefest the end of this month.
Yes do get their front end fork cartridge set up you will notice the difference. No more nose diving and taking turns is a lot more smoother and confident. Tell them Jerry from Laconia, NH recommended them to you. Ride hard ride safe!

Upgrade to the cartridge is the way to go. Depending on the brand $1500 could be in the ballpark. The main difference between a Progress cartridge and a high-end $1000.00 plus is the high dollar has more fine adjustments but you have to partially disassemble to adjust so I don't understand the need for fine adjustment if you can't quickly make them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave