GM or Ford

Sday73

Mar 24, 2014
Wife has finally came to the senses that we need a truck again to pull our 5th wheel. So I'm on the bubble of which to get. Test rode both 2015 Ford platinum 350 diesel and the 2015 GMC 2500 Denali HD diesel. Both are great trucks and both will do the job of what needs to be done. We are getting rid of the car and this will become wife's main vehicle. I've been a GM guy all my life but the Ford sure was quieter and smoother than the GM. And the wife said she didn't feel like a midget in the Ford and could see over the hood. Just want get some of other peoples thoughts on these new trucks before we pull the trigger on Monday.

Ford guy here and all of them have been great trucks. I miss my truck but at 100 miles a day for work my hybrid saves me min of $300 a month in fuel

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

I'm a ford guy too I love their trucks and always have and will own one . My diesel excursion from 2003 still gets me 21mpg

Former Jersey Jeepers treasurer
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say get the Ford
My company provided DD is a 2011 4X4 F550 Dually Diesel before this one I had the same thing but it was an 09 and now I have a 2014 that just came in for me waiting at the shop for me to move all my tools into . I work for a large construction equipment rental company as a field service mechanic and put a boat load of mile's on my truck every year . There is 4 other techs working out of the same hub as me 2 have Fords F550's like me and 2 have Dodge's the Ford's have been very reliable Dodge not so much. We put 40K + mile's on our truck's easy every year average the Fords are comfortable and very dependable That's my 2 cents for what its worth

Thanks guys. I've been a duramax guy since 2004. But the Ford has caught my eye. And it did ride smoother and quieter on the gravel road test, not that we do a lot a gravel road driving.

GM for me. Ford makes a good looking truck. I know a few guys with Fords. 1 with a diesel. Neither is more bullet proof than the other. Duramax/Allison is a pretty solid platform though. Been around awhile too. Ford seems to have changed off and on over the years as far as what engine they're running. Ford generally seems to have a solid chassis. I say go with your gut. How much weight do you tow? Fuel economy is important if this is gonna be a part time grocery getter. What's the cost spread? Creature comforts? Average cost of repairs? Where are the components made, to some this matters. What's the average resale in 5 or 10 years? Warranty spread?

Why not try the Ram? I had the Cummings and it did everything, also,has a lot of inside storage areas. I now have the Powerwagon, not diesel but does what I need, pull a 32' TT with ease.image.jpg

Went with the Ford. Picked up a F350 power stroke. I've been driving GM products since I started driving on the farm as a kid. We took a GM Denali home for the weekend and it sure didn't live up to the comfortabilty the GMs use to have. The Platnium was what the wife like and felt comfortable in. And as she will drive it more than me who am I to complain. I got a truck again and got rid of the little car that couldn't be used except to drive around getting groceries. Being on an acerage and having a large fifth wheel she doesn't want to part with made sense to go this route.

I own a GMC truck...used to own a Ford truck. I think the new Ford with the all aluminum body will be cool to drive.

Super Dutys are still steel. I tried to get wife to try the new F150's but she basically told me it won't pull our trailer. Needs bigger truck and better towing capacity. She awesome.

Sday73. I have been a Chevy guy my whole life but if the wife wanted a Ford I like you would have done it her way if that makes her happy.

ps, Been married for 38 years to the same woman.

Personally I'm a Ram guy. I pull a lot of weight daily. I've been sold on the Ram for a few years now, I've had 5 total. I pull cattle across some varied terrain, up hill, down hill, cross country, etc. I pulled a 35' fifth wheel from central Kansas to Casa Grande Arizona for years. Never had a bit of trouble...knock on wood. The Cummins diesel and the new transmission is quality. I now have the 2012 Ram 3500 dual rear wheels, quad cab. Friends with Fords love them. They all drive the 350 diesel as well. My son has a '99 Ford 7.3 with 290,000 miles and it's still running strong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469